• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking or HUTCHES?

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I'd say, if you can at all - don't go for a hutch go for a playhouse or small shed.

Had to put Smudge back in a hutch for 2 nights as we had a wall knocked down and is being rebuiltas I type but it meant Smudge would not be secured at all from the carpark behind it - but he hated going in this hutch - he LOVES the freedom of his playhouse/aviary style run which is attached. SO, please, if you have room for a large hutch you have room for a mini shed/playhouse and I'd advise it, for your buns' sake.

I would love a shed/run combo but if I had one it would take up my entire yard. I have a 6 x 6 x 2.5 run indoors right now. That will be going outside with a big hutch on top of it...maybe even another big hutch at the other end next year. Not everyone who can have a large hutch (or two) can have a shed and run. Depends where you have room for the hutch/hutches.

ETA I'm sure my bunnies will be very happy with the set up I have planned. When I was thinking about a shed I decided that I could make a hutch much more cosy for them with a bit of thought, and they would still have access to the run 24/7.

Back