• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old have peoples oldest bunnies been?

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
As the title really, im just curious as to how long people bunnies have lived, my latest was 11 and a few months when he passed away. it really makes you think when you realise rabbits have similar lifespans to most dogs. so yeah, how old have your bunnies lived till? :wave:

11 was my oldest. And he would have gone on longer, but he died of fly strike because my parents refused to take him to the vets as an emergency. I can barely think about it without crying. It was awful.

Pipkin is the oldest rabbit I've had. He'll be 4 this year. Hopefully he'll have many years left!

my eldest at the moment is rosie my nethie 8yrs
our first rabbit a rescue was thumper a french lop, she lived to an estimated age 9-13yrs

Charlie was PTS at 10 and a half - too elderly to operate on a facial abscess. Was also blind from congenital cataracts and a bit arthritic, but otherwise very happy and active until the end.

My Netherland Dwarf rabbit was 10 almost 11 when he died. Chrissy not sure her breed was 8. Julie, a Californian is now 5 and a half.

Bugsy lived to be just over 9 and his brother who is still with me is the same age. He still jumps on the settee when your asleep and scares you half to death.:lol:

Ruffles was 13 :)

P1010018-1.jpg

My Marge is at least 9 - she is a rescue bun, known to be at least three when I rehomed her.

She's got a vet appointment tomorrow as she's been drooling. I'm absolutely cacking myself thinking she might not be coming back home with me. :oops:

Tabby was 9........she would have lasted longed if I hadnt been away at uni :( She started showing signs of dental problems (dribbling) but my mum didnt realise :( By the time I saw her next, she was skinny, I took her as an emergency and she had the op but was just too tired to recover :(

Sweet Pea (cross nethie) was about 9.5 - 10 yrs when he had to be PTS as several health issues had meant he was no longer able to enjoy life (he was rescue so not entirely sure of his age but we had him for 9 yrs):

Damson (still with us) is 9 now, and so is Teasal:D:D

Damson has just started 'looking' old, but then he does have a large kidney stone - so has pain bouts which always makes any animal or human suddenly look older.

Teasal looks exactly the same as when we first got him 8 years ago!!! Same face, same lithe movements etc etc.

Others are all various ages - but none of the others that we know of over 6 . . although with Parsley we have no real idea at all as he was a full adult when he walked in on us . . neck skin etc as tough as old boots as he is an entire male . . so could be older..

how old have peoples oldest bunnies been?

My first bunny Bucky lived to be 11 he was a big agouti lop:)and i had my little Rolo for 15 years:)he passed over in his sleep in his own little nest:cry:very peacefully:cry:he was a dutch cross:)Ruby Tuesday:) a yellow dutch girl was 12 when she too went peacefully in her sleep:cry:

Back