• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore feeties UD: Scabby bit?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Marnie has started sneezing and has a yellowish stain on the inside of her front left paw......and just now while he was lazing around on the floor I noticed Blue has a little bald patch on his left back foot about the size of my little fingernail.
Got them booked in for tomorrow morning...but is there anything I can do for them now?
Feel so bad I haven't noticed Blue's foot before.....but his feets are so fluffy :oops:

Last edited:
Aww, hope they both get on ok at the vets. Try not to worry, im sure they will both be easily fixed :). Give then both nose rubs from me.

Neither of them seem remotely bothered.....Blue is flat on his tummy being groomed by Marnie :roll:
If it wasn't for the sneezing I would think Marnie was just grubby :oops:
Really don't know what I can do for Blue if it is sore hocks.....he's freerange indoors :? Maybe I will have to move them into a room with carpet instead of the kitchen?

does his foot look sore or just bald?

i had this with essie when we moved house - a teeny tiny bald spot appeared but it was just pale pink, not red and angry. much to her disgust, i applied sudocream for a few days to act as a barrier to infection and it did the trick. no idea why it happened apart from the fact that she was scampering around on different flooring:?

soz, not much help am i:oops:

It looks a little red...but he isnt favouring it or anything.
He has REALLY ticklish feet though....s I cant get anywhere near it

It looks a little red...but he isnt favouring it or anything.
He has REALLY ticklish feet though....s I cant get anywhere near it

was a 2 man job for me too. apart from some sort of barrier cream, i can't think of anything else i'm afraid. they both seeing the vet tomorrow?

Yup....9.20 taken the rest of the week of fo the new final fantasy....just as well :roll: :lol:

Well, Vet has put Marnie on a course of antibiotics....she couldn't hear anything in her chest...so hopefully we've caught anything that is there early.
Blue has Pevidine to be applied twice daily.....she said it looks like the beginning of sore hocks...it's only tiny at the moment though and there isn't any puss.
I've got to dilute it....but I don't know the ratio....anyone know? Or is it just guess work :?
She said it was probably cause by him living on carpet and lino...so it's my fault :cry:

Aw hun try not to worry about it too much, its certainly not your fault comes with the bunny territory I'm afraid, Lionel has sore hocks too as he is inside.

Sending vibes for them x

Well, Vet has put Marnie on a course of antibiotics....she couldn't hear anything in her chest...so hopefully we've caught anything that is there early.
Blue has Pevidine to be applied twice daily.....she said it looks like the beginning of sore hocks...it's only tiny at the moment though and there isn't any puss.
I've got to dilute it....but I don't know the ratio....anyone know? Or is it just guess work :?
She said it was probably cause by him living on carpet and lino...so it's my fault :cry:

its not your fault - some of them just get sore hocks i fear:?. at least you spotted it mega early and its being treated :D
hope they're both on the mend soon x

Well......Marnies sneezes have cleared up nicely...but she has little bald patches too... so I've been using the Pevidine on her as well...but it doesn't seem to be making either of them any better :?
I'm going to take them back in tomorrow to get them checked.....is there anything I can suggest to the vet?
Blue now has little bald patches on his front toes too :? I really don't know what could be causing it but I've been putting the stuff on those too.
Bless him J has been so good with helping me do it....even though blue has managed to kick the whole glass of diluted stuff in his face several times :oops:
Is there a better way to get it on them rather than turning por bun on their back/sitting them up on their bum if that makes sence?(it's the only way Blue will let us get to them...but I don't 'trance' him if you know what I mean)

doc has sore hocks to, and get the odd sneeze attacks though his are dry sneezes, i use a barrier cream to, it is a bit of a pickle as i do mine myself,

though i know your buns are a lot bigger than my dutch :lol: holding firm is the only way i can do it held firmly into my body while holding paws firm, talking to them etc if the paw starts to shake i hold bit tighter,

I hvent a clue why doc has sore hocks hes indoors, on hay and carpet and towels, hes the only dutch with them too, i understand its common in rexes, just havent a clue why they just get them spesh if you know youve made sure they are clean etc, he too hops around like nothings wrong as well

doc has sore hocks to, and get the odd sneeze attacks though his are dry sneezes, i use a barrier cream to, it is a bit of a pickle as i do mine myself,

though i know your buns are a lot bigger than my dutch :lol: holding firm is the only way i can do it held firmly into my body while holding paws firm, talking to them etc if the paw starts to shake i hold bit tighter,

I hvent a clue why doc has sore hocks hes indoors, on hay and carpet and towels, hes the only dutch with them too, i understand its common in rexes, just havent a clue why they just get them spesh if you know youve made sure they are clean etc, he too hops around like nothings wrong as well

There's no way I could hold Blue and do his feets :oops: I have to sit cross legged on the floor and have him in my lap while J paints them.
Theyre cleaned out nearly every other day and free range all the time so they arent confined or anything (except in the kitchen when we're out) so they're mostly on carpet/lino.

There's no way I could hold Blue and do his feets :oops: I have to sit cross legged on the floor and have him in my lap while J paints them.
Theyre cleaned out nearly every other day and free range all the time so they arent confined or anything (except in the kitchen when we're out) so they're mostly on carpet/lino.

It is probably the carpet that is aggrevating things. Carpet is very abrasive.

Could you post a pic of the sore feet ?

It is probably the carpet that is aggrevating things. Carpet is very abrasive.

Could you post a pic of the sore feet ?

I'll give it a go when I get home (stuck at work ATM) TBH.....I can hardly see them from where I hold him...but J says that they aren't improving at all and Marnies are getting worse (He holds her while I paint).
Problem with the carpet is that they freerange...and we rent otherwisse I'd rip it all up for them.
Would it help putting socks on them? Or maybe baby boot type things with the bobbles on (so they don't slip on the lino in the kitchen)
Please tell me if it's a stupid idea...I have porrige brain ATM :oops:

Here are some pics....sorry about the grubbyness of their feet, I don't know how they manage it :oops: the bright orangy bits are stains from the pevidine

Marnies:

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

Blues:

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

And his front ones

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

Please excuse the length of his nails.....I'll be getting them clipped at the vets, he won't let me clip them :oops: Been trying for weeks.....I get the odd one here and there

Back