• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Flynn - back from the vet, better news!

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Flynn is ok, but is weakening, which is very hard to watch. He has very good times where he will happily interact a bit, and enjoy food and water, then he has low times where he cant find the energy to move. He just had a wander about the living room and enjoyed himself, found some socks and shoes to investigate (he is obsessed with socks and shoes, always has been).

He is doing a lot of smelly cowpat poo's and i am wondering if this is due to all the medicine he is taking? He does plenty normal poo's too. But when he is having a low time, he can lie in his poo and then gets all wet and dirty until we are able to help him. (we both work and have a friend in to check on him when we are away, but we cant have someone with him 24/7). He is on vetbed (has been for about a year) so that gets the worst of the pee away.

I got a terrible fright yesterday. I came downstairs in the morning and Flynn was on his side, mouth open. I really believed he had gone, devastated, i went to touch his side, expecting him to be cold. You can imagine the massive fright (and massive feeling of relief) i got when he jumped up :oops:.

We are seeing the vet on Friday for a check up, but i am not holding out much hope :(.

Just thought i would update everyone.

Last edited:
Poor wee man :cry:

I suspect his liver function may not be that good now, hence the cowpat poo :cry:
It must be a very sad time for you :cry: I hope that he remains as comfortable as possible until he sees the Vet again xx

Thanks Jane, i am so worried and while i am trying to prepare myself, you never do, do you? If he needs the vet before Friday he will go, they are very good at fitting me in. He's my wee boy and i love him :cry: :love:

Thank you Debbie, i really appreciate that. I have stored Lawrie vets number in my phone for emergencies too, very good to know they do their own emergency cover.

Just to say I am still thinking of your brave lad Flynn. I know it's not much, but I hope that the fact that Flynn is cared about by others helps you a little bit at this really difficult time.

Please give Flynn a noserub from me :love:

I don't know what to say, other than that I'm thinking of you and Flynn. xx

Shaz we have spoken in a long time, but I miss you and flynn (tried to contact you on facebook) I am so sad to hear he's unwell.. Leila's a bit under the weather too at the mo.. I'm thinking of your gorgeous handsome boy and you and sending my love and leila sends him lots of bunny kisses...

:cry::love:

I hope that you will feel able to update us about Flynn after his appointment today. I wish there were a magic wand that would make all Flynn's problems disappear..................

Whatever you and your Vet decide today, I know that Flynn's needs will come first. It is obvious just how much you love him and that he is such a special Bunny :love:

xx

Thank you for all your kind messages of support. You really dont know how much they mean to me.

Dawny, how lovely to hear from you, i cant work facebook, i wasn't ignoring you, i just cant get my head round it. I will pm you for a catch up later though. I hope Leila is ok, she is such a special girly.

Flynn is tired and fed up, in my heart i know what the vet will say, but i cant accept it :cry:

Thank you Karen.

I will never know if its right, and i know guilt will consume me, but i think too, i will feel a little relief that i will know he is at peace. He is so brave and so strong, he will not give up on his own. But his body is weak and he is being kept comfortable by drugs, i cant watch him struggle because i dont want to let go. Its impossible though :cry:.

Thank you Karen.

I will never know if its right, and i know guilt will consume me, but i think too, i will feel a little relief that i will know he is at peace. He is so brave and so strong, he will not give up on his own. But his body is weak and he is being kept comfortable by drugs, i cant watch him struggle because i dont want to let go. Its impossible though :cry:.

It must be so hard; I've never been in the position and am not looking forward to it if/when it eventually comes. :( If you do decide it's Flynn's time, you'll make that decision because you love him so much. It's never an easy decision but I'm sure you will make the right choices for Flynn and he will know that.

Thanks again for all your lovely messages. I feel a bit of a faker, as Flynn is back home now and the vet thinks he is ok for the time being. I really was worried and i cant tell you how massively relieved i am.

He started to perk up before we left, eating and stuff. We chatted to the vet for ages, and he said as long as Flynn is still happy to eat and drink, and manages to get to his bowls then he must be ok. He also said that as he still shows an interest in human interaction he will be content. I said i was worried with him having his sore ear resting on the vet bed, pressure build up etc, but the vet said, as he is not paralysed, he chooses to lie like this, if it was causing a lot of discomfort, then he would move. So in short, yes Flynn is a very poorly bunny, but in my vets opinion, he is not ready to give up yet. I think my main concern was, that because myself and Scott love Flynn so dearly, we worry we cant see past our love to know when to make a decision. Having Flynn's will to live confirmed by the vet has given us huge relief.

:D:D:D thats brilliant. pretty much the same advice i have for pearl. when they lose interest in life thats when they want out.

so glad he wants to stay longer, is there any possibility of recovery?

I'm thinking of you honey and sending strength and love to you both... Your bond with Flynn is strong and I know it will continue no matter what.. Looking forward to catching up *huge hugs*

Leila is ok, seems to be on the mend.. I made a thread about her in the health section called "unusual small lump under tongue"

aww bless Flynn :cry: such a strong spirit in that boy, you'll know in your heart what to do.. such a hard time, I dread to think about it but all we can do is be there for them and make the decisions for them :( xxxxx

*edit as I didnt see your new message*

I'm really glad flynny is still with us shaz... and so is Leila :) what a fighter .. I know he loves you so much.. Keep us updated xxxx

Last edited:
Back