• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just have to accept they don't love me :(

Hessen

Banned
I'm like a gooseberry in a strawberry patch when trying to spend time with them. They love each other so much spending ages cuddling each other, playing, running eating, grooming. They're so happy, which is great.

But they don't like me :(

Rum is scared to death of me and because she's deaf she's so easily startled and runs a mile whenever I appear and then never comes back. I spend hours on the floor just waiting for them to come to me, tempting them with treats to love me but to no avail, they just don't love me.

:cry::cry:

Why not restrict their area for a short time and sit in it with them with treats and toys so that they find it a positive experience

Of COURSE they love you. You're one of their primary carers! They just don't necessarily show it! Ungrateful furry kids!

bear with them. Alvin is almost 3 and now after a VERY long time likes me enough for a bit if fuss, im even allowed to stop him from humping pearl without losing a hand aslong as i groom him as soon as i push him off to tell him hes boss :roll:.. sadly every time he gets stasis we take a backwards step. but compared to how he is with Ste and strangers he deffo loves me in his own human hating way :love::love::love:

i think its more fear than hate that rabbits have for us and if they wasnt handled as babies i think its much harder and takes longer to gain thier trust.

:

i think its more fear than hate that rabbits have for us and if they wasnt handled as babies i think its much harder and takes longer to gain thier trust.

ahhh they love ya, as Donna said if they weren't handled much when they were v young they aren't as friendly towards hoomins.

Bobby was accidental litter and was handled by my friend and her teenage sons right untill she came to me. she still hates to be lifted up, but will have a fuss:p

But they love each other:love: I think that's one of the benefits of having a lot of buns - there's bound to be one that will happily spend time with you.:lol: I have had nose-rub buns, & ones that crawl onto your knee when you sit down:love: & then ones that charge at you with their teeth out:lol:

My first bun Smirnoff who I got in Autumn 2004, still hates me & eyes me warily whenever I walk in :roll::lol:

Got my first proper bite from Raisin last night after trying to pick off a loose bit of fur from his back, little git drew blood!

I'm happy that they're happy and I'm giving them a good life, it's just a little less rewarding for me when they don't want to spend any time with me. Hey, maybe it's just setting me up for when my kids become teenagers :D

Dill doesn't love me,but B does so I can cope with that.If neither rabbit loved me,I think it would be very hard going.Dill doesn't hate us though.Im quite happy with the way things are,things could be alot worse.:)

Got my first proper bite from Raisin last night after trying to pick off a loose bit of fur from his back, little git drew blood!

I'm happy that they're happy and I'm giving them a good life, it's just a little less rewarding for me when they don't want to spend any time with me. Hey, maybe it's just setting me up for when my kids become teenagers :D
Yep sounds like ungrateful teenagers :lol::lol:, stick with bab, they love you in their own way x

i have a sneaky feeling this is why so many people have multiple bunnies - no matter how much bun you have, you can never get enough! they look so cuddly....but they have plans of their own :lol:

but don't give up. my mum's gerbil, whom i adopted a year ago, has recently started to acknowledge my existence! and whilst my bunnies are coy, when they do get a cuddle, they love it!

I can sympathise

Oliver rabbit was a big fuss pot when he was on his own but now he has a wifey bun he's not interested. She hates me too. I try to be happy that they have each other..

No lovie your Daddy?

I'm sorry that your buns don't love you, but rabbits are complicated creatures and take a long time to 'upack' emotionally. My bunnies don't show me affection, but they do seem happy when I am around and I take pleasure in the fact that I am an 'honorary rabbit' and they can relax around me.

Back