• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is softwood any good for bunny house?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Ive been getting quotes for shed/run combos - One has just got back to me with a good quote but he says he uses tongue and groove pressure treated soft wood?
Is it any good?

The other quote was £120 more but I guess better quality!

Hardwood is better quality that softwood Kath and more expensive. Hardwood is used for things like floors, front doors etc Sheds are typically softwood and it is used for things like internal doors, skirting boards etc A hardwood shed would cost 3-4 times more than softwood and as long as you keep softwood treated it should be good enough for a shed. :wave:

Most sheds sold online and at B and Q etc will be pressure treated softwood. It should be fine. £120 seems a big price difference though.

ahh ok thanks - just dont want it ot be rubbish and then have to replace it after a year!

Yes one was £300 for 6ft 6 x 4 shed with 6ft 6 x 6 run - thought that was quite a good price with a roof on shed and run and door to run and door and opening window with mesh in shed

The other was the same but hes putting in a lot more work with partitions - sleeping areas etc and making it continuous from shed to run more like a dog kennel and run really - he said £420 (I can see where the xtra £120 is going..

they are both local so no delivery charges etc

I think the first one will 'look' nicer - its a playhouse look with nice windows etc and is quite a bit cheaper - £300 was my limit really..but not sure whether to invest in something that will last longer - arggh decisions :lol:

do you mind me asking which companies you have contacted, if you prefer you can pm me their names. I'm looking at getting outdoor accommodation and i live in norwich so local to you too!

Back