• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Food

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just updating the article here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp about rabbit food. Can anyone do me a favour and have a look at the back of their burgess excel pack for their recommended feed guidelines. Do they say when they think you should swap from junior to adult too?

Also are there any other pellet brands available? I'm sure there is a newish one someone mentioned recently but I can't remember what it is.

I'm just updating the article here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/rabbitfood.asp about rabbit food. Can anyone do me a favour and have a look at the back of their burgess excel pack for their recommended feed guidelines. Do they say when they think you should swap from junior to adult too?

Also are there any other pellet brands available? I'm sure there is a newish one someone mentioned recently but I can't remember what it is.

:wave: my bag says Adult from 16+ weeks on the front of the bag, recommended feed guidelines are by breed, Dutch Ideal Weight 2.0kg-2.3kg approx daily amount 50-60g then English 2.7kg-3.6kg approx daily amount 70g-100g and then goes on to say that as a simple guide for how much to feed your rabbit we recommend providing a daily quantity of Excel Tasty Nuggets roughly equal in size to your rabbits head and a minimum daily amount of Excel Herbage or Forage in equal size to their body.

Last edited:
Feeding reccommendations of Adult burgess excel...

Dutch - ideal weight 2-2.3kg - 50-60grams daily
English - 2.7-3.6kg - 70-100grams daily

I have an adult bag, and it says from 16+ weeks

Hope this helps :)

Thank you, it was the green one I was thinking of :)

It's great how many more foods meet the higher fibre/low protein requirement now.

Thank you, it was the green one I was thinking of :)

It's great how many more foods meet the higher fibre/low protein requirement now.

It is amazing I agree and I'd like to think that part of the reason is the pressure of rescue organisations, welfare groups, vets and the public shouting about the importance of pelleted food and fibre in a rabbits diet.

Back