• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd Behaviour?

Hessen

Banned
Rum keeps shaking/flicking her head and rolling around on her back in the litter tray, I can't tell if she is having a little party or if she's unhappy...

She's eating now and seems quite content but was a bit worried as it looked like she was trying to get something off her?

My Valerie does this a lot at tea time.... its the only time she does it so I've come to the conclusion its excitement at the prospect of food!

Have you had a look in her ears? The headshake/flick can be a sign of ear infection but I'm not sure how that would tie in with the rolling :?

If she's still at it tomorrow it might be worth having your vet check her ears just in case :)

My doe does binky type head flicking after a binky and before a flop but rolls over on her back - with her it is deffo flaking out after a binky fest though, probably worth checking her back and bottom and ears.

Charlie bun used to shake his head when he needed his ears cleaned - he used to get a waxy build up. Darwin also does it but he does it when he's excited, just before he starts to binky. So, really it could be either way.

See if you can have a look in her ear - I find shining a little torch in there helps. If you can't see anything, and she's not scratching at her ears then its probably nothing to worry about.

Back