• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you dream about rabbits alot??

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Just reading Snowberrys thread made me think - yesterday my OH woke up and said he had had a terrible dream that Sooty had jumped into our fire and we were both screaming :cry::cry::cry:

It made me think that almost every night I dream about bunnies - seriously -Does anyone else dream about rabbits alot?
Mine usually involve something bad happening like one getting lost or dying :cry: - I wonder if its because they are the last thing I see before I go to bed (apart from OH) and always say goodnight to them before I go to sleep :oops:

I have had a few nightmares recently about rabbits, not my own rabbits but, lovely rabbits and in particular their eyes crying - won't go into it but, not nice. So real aswell, I have actually woke up gone to the loo and had a drink before realising I was dreaming. Just an overwhelming feeling of sadness it makes me feel weak, that's the only way I can describe it - I know what it is related to :(

My rabbits are there like members of my family are always "around" in my dreams, even if the context is wrong or the main storyline of the dream isn't all about them.

I keep having a recurring dream that Ralph's head falls off though :( in the dream, I was waiting in a queue at the vets, hoping that they could stitch it back on and that he would be fine! :shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
i dont actually sleep enough to dream about them.. im too busy lying wide awake hoping they havent died :oops:

I always dream about them. Lopsie was the worst. I used to dream almost every night that I went to see him in the garden and there were more rabbits in his hutch. Most of the time it was just one more and it looked identical to him and I couldn't tell which one was my Lopsie. I used to get very upset!

The dreams were very frequent until he died and then I constantly dreamed he was alive which just made things worse. Sometimes he was in a big outdoor run with lots of other bunnies and the worst one was that I'd buried him alive and he'd dug out while we were having a barbecue. :cry:
I know he's happy now, binkying up in bunny heaven with lots of girlie bunnies.

I started to have the same sort of dreams with Grim but they've mostly stopped now.

Horrible dreams everyone! :cry: Im glad its not just me... but they do always seem so real!!

So strange as I hardly ever dream about OH, family or friends - or maybe I just remember the bunny ones more!

not very often, i have had a few, ones where past bunnies like mitzi and thumper have come back to see me, the last time was before christmas, and mitzi was with mowgli, it was like they were saying they are all looking after one another

I dream about them....usually because of the sound of littlebun bounding round the bedroom in the early hours, then the 4am carpet chewing ceremony :roll:
I think about them all the time and when i've had enough at work i think i can't wait to get home to them :oops: is that sad?

I dream about them....usually because of the sound of littlebun bounding round the bedroom in the early hours, then the 4am carpet chewing ceremony :roll:
I think about them all the time and when i've had enough at work i think i can't wait to get home to them :oops: is that sad?

no not at all, when i first got locksley, i never wanted to leave him even for a minute :oops::lol: i even took him into the bathroom, while i had a bath :oops: :lol:

I've had one about Toffee dieing and one about Frosty dieing.
Both horrific, and they're making me tear up now :(
I have loads of dreams about people, in particular one!

The other night apparently I was talking about bunnies. I don't really have bad bunny dreams though (Only occasionally)

Apparently I was asking the OH if I could have another bunny.:D He said YESH!

i cant actually beleive this but... last night i dreamt a real nightmare about my pair, i woke up crying :shock::shock:

i dreamed we finally got the blood results back for Alvin and the vet told me that he had some really nasty disease and that it was best to put him out of his misery sooner rather than later. so she came out and he died. i then posted on RU about it :oops: and no one answered the thread, then pearl got really upset and lonely and we was about to have her pts when i woke up at 2am :cry::cry::cry:

it was a real nasty one and so very real. usually i sort of know in my dreams that they are dreams :?

i have never dreamt about the bunnies before but i did have a dream once that i acquired a horse (god knows from where or why) and i ran up about £20,000 of debt in vets bills !!!
i was so relieved when i woke up and realised it was just a dream lol

i cant actually beleive this but... last night i dreamt a real nightmare about my pair, i woke up crying :shock::shock:

i dreamed we finally got the blood results back for Alvin and the vet told me that he had some really nasty disease and that it was best to put him out of his misery sooner rather than later. so she came out and he died. i then posted on RU about it :oops: and no one answered the thread, then pearl got really upset and lonely and we was about to have her pts when i woke up at 2am :cry::cry::cry:

it was a real nasty one and so very real. usually i sort of know in my dreams that they are dreams :?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I do dream about my bunnies but never had a nightmare bout them!

The night before it was a year since Blackie died i had a dream that he wasnt my bunny but a neighbours bunny and i went round to their house and he was kept in a tiny cage with a cat :? I was trying to talk to them about the proper health and care of rabbits but they wouldnt listen to me :(

I remember in my dream feeling that i had to get him out of there, i felt the love for him that i do in real life and knew i had to protect him and save him from any harm!

It was so strange! I think its because i feel guilty everyday for not protecting him better from getting ill. I still feel like i was to blame for everything. Its horrible dreaming about it :(

I do dream about my bunnies but never had a nightmare bout them!

The night before it was a year since Blackie died i had a dream that he wasnt my bunny but a neighbours bunny and i went round to their house and he was kept in a tiny cage with a cat :? I was trying to talk to them about the proper health and care of rabbits but they wouldnt listen to me :(

I remember in my dream feeling that i had to get him out of there, i felt the love for him that i do in real life and knew i had to protect him and save him from any harm!

It was so strange! I think its because i feel guilty everyday for not protecting him better from getting ill. I still feel like i was to blame for everything. Its horrible dreaming about it :(

Awww I can relate to that, you could be right it is your subconscious guilt feelings about not doing more coming through but, honestly it's not your fault we cannot feel guilty for what others are doing that is wrong, sadly in this world there will always be people who are so intent on doing what they want to do regardless of the welfare of the animals or the effects it can have on other people, it just proves they are selfish and lack compassion/care. I have a scenario similar and live with the fact that I almost feel an accomplice to animals suffering because I haven't done anything about it. It's a horrible feeling and very depressing so I know where your coming from, it's just because you are sensitive and caring though which are nice qualities to have, please don't blame yourself x

Back