• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food storage tubs

dayle_x

Mama Doe
What do people use? recently my naughty bunnies have been jumping on the shelf and helping themselves out of the sack, so need a more secure place to keep it!

In the days when they had pellets I used a normal plastic food box. It was great for keeping them fresh, and it didn't encourage mice the way an open bag does.

i have an upright plastic cereal container for pellets, if you store more than that i also store dried grass in a storage box with a secure lid ;)

In the days when they had pellets I used a normal plastic food box. It was great for keeping them fresh, and it didn't encourage mice the way an open bag does.

Yep I do too. My large square containers hold a 4kg Oxbow bag perfectly!

I use a large tub with a lid on to store my wild bird seed in - it holds about 13kg.

(( The Birdfood Storage Tub )) was from Haiths - it seems to keep contents fresh and dry if it's a sack you're wanting to store.

Last edited:
the plastic cerreal ones, i got them from the poundstore, they are great, also have one for the litter wooden pellets

I use Really Useful Boxes (RUBs) - they're great. I have two 18 litre boxes, which fit a medium bag of pellets each, then I have the 35 litre box, which their wood pellets go in. They're really sturdy and secure and they also stack.

I've just got a stack of tupperware type square buckets from the sandwich box section at the Range. Biggest is 10 litres @ £2.50. There is one about half this size @ £1.50. Also matching 3 litre cereal dispensers.

Nice and stackable when full or empty. White lids have a good seal to keep the damp / furries out and the food fresh. I use blue washing powder jugs as measures in each container. Label containers with permanent marker, or cut the front of the sack up and store it in the transparent bucket- I can't tell the difference between G Pig pellets and cat food otherwise.

I now have all the dry animal food in them. A big sack fills 2-3 big 'buckets' (ie cat food, rabbit food in 10 -15kg sacks.) Smaller quantities are in the smaller 'buckets' (ie mice and chipmunk food). The special diets are in the cereal dispensers.

I got a dogfood tupperware from pets at home, it was tall and bucket sort of shapes, with a clicky lid and a handle.

I use big storage tubs/boxes with lids cos I bulk buy pellets!

Also have some eukanuba bins (didnt buy the eukanuba though,my mum did!)

I use cheap storage bins from wilkinsons, have about 7 of them for all the various bunny things.

I use a proplan dog food container for pellets, it holds a 10kg bag and is air tight. And if I only buy a smaller bag of pellets I've got a proplan container thats like a cereal container. Treat hay and dried grass goes in a Royal Canin airtight tub (can you tell I once worked in a pet shop and took all the freebies!:lol:) Regular hay goes in a cotton drawstring bag I made myself. And treats/dried herbs etc go in smaller storage tubs that I got from Ikea - I think it was a 17 piece set for £2.99 :D

Back