• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i get a bunny or shouldn't I?

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
HI there, basically im having a hard time deciding if i should get a house bunny or not. My bunny of 11 years died about 5 months ago and im starting to realise how much i miss having a bunny in my life. My housemates are neutral and my parents are also pretty neutral. Need some outside opinion!

Basically, I am 19, have had bunnie(s) since i was 8(my parents have a pair at home who were there for a couple of years before i left). I am at a uni house at the moment where i will live for another 1 1/2 years, then find another house after that. I can afford to keep it, i should have enough time to look after a bunny and give it plenty of free range time. I would get a rabbit from a rescue, there are a few near me that i could look at. There are a lot of pro's and cons floating around in my mind, main con being the uncertainty of where i might live next year. But i also know that my parents would look after a bunny till i found a permanent home if i needed them to. I'm also worried as i know that bunnies normally need company, but im not 100% sure i would have enough time or room for two. Main pro is that i would be giving a loving home to a rescue bunny, and it would fill my life with bunny love :D

What do people think?? I want what will be best for the prospective rabbit, and dont want to selfishly adopt a bunny just because of a phase or because of nostalgia.

P.s heres a pic of my beloved Midnight, one of the last few photos of him, while he was maulting his summer coat.:love::love::love::love::love:
Midnight_came_to_say_hello_by_Crazy.jpg

a dutchie :love::love: RIP lil guy,

i understand how you feel ( shes says having got 4 indoor buns :lol: ) but if you ask around here there are some bunnies in rescues that actualy prefere to be a single inside bun,:)

but if you ask around here there are some bunnies in rescues that actualy prefere to be a single inside bun,:)

That's true. If you decide to get one I'd go down this route. :) Please don't get just one rabbit if it doesn't have a problem with other buns - I don't think that's fair.

If you are 100% sure your parents can "foster" your bunny if necessary, I would say go for it...I know I wouldn't be able to be without bunnies ever again now.

I wouldn't rule out getting two either, if you have the money to support them - I think a pair actually needs less "human time" than a single because they always have each other for company, even if you're having a busy day. I don't think there's much in it spacewise either, even a single bun needs lots of room to run around.

Having said that though there are rabbits in rescues who don't get on with any other buns and it would be nice if you could give one of those a home :) good luck with whatever you decide.

don't do it! they cost a fortune and make a mess of everything!

and if you go ahead, don't say i didn't tell you...:wave::lol:

:love:bunnies:love:

don't do it! they cost a fortune and make a mess of everything!

and if you go ahead, don't say i didn't tell you...:wave::lol:

:love:bunnies:love:

Agree but they do give you an interesting life, especially with some of the tricks they can learn such as Cassie's current one of emptying the litter tray :lol:

My old rex passed away last year and her husbun the year before and I really missed them so dont regret adopting another wonderful pair, despite them liking to keep me on my toes :love:

u should get a rabbit but its a hard timewhen they die, coz my dog did but rabbits are lovely just as much

P.s RIP to your bunny who passed away

Back