• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need ideas to make my rabbit a toy other than a toilet tube

The more intricate it is, the shorter it lasts

How about a warren made out of several cardboard boxes

Cardboard boxes are great, with a hole or two cut in so bunny can run in and out. Also brown paper scrunched up in a ball with a few herbs/dried dandelion or something in the middle. They toss it around to get the treat out.

Dig boxes are fantastic! Use something like this:

http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/pk-of-3-42lt-large-underbed-box--black-lid-crystal-range-59-p.asp

Although a cardboard box from Tescos with the holes taped up will do. Half fill it with sand/organic soil/organic compost etc, and let them have a really good dig and roll. I'd change the contents once a week or so to make sure it's clean, and keep it interesting.

For a cage toy, hang a carrot/stick of celery/something else yummy from the ceiling with a piece of string. It's best to supervise this one though, just in case.

Also for supervised play try throwing a balled up sock/scrunched tissue/ball of paper for your bun to chase after - Ginger Bun loves to run round grunting with one of these! :lol:

Last edited:
put some of their normal pellet ration in an empty egg box - keeps them entertained trying to either open the box or shake the pellets out!

You could try filling an empty tissue box with hay or treats. Also a carboard box with a hole in it to hide and play in is my pair's favourite.

I saw a brilliant home made toy on one of these threads once, though I'm not sure how I came across it...

It was a large but shallow cardboard box, which had loads of circular holes cut in it - it looked like one of those Whack A Mole games! :D

Flower pots are always a favorite of my buns.
Or a pringle tube with holes in it, put there pellets in or a treat and tape the lid on.

Tops from fabric conditioner bottles always used to go down well (make sure they've been cleaned well first though)

hang up astring threaded with vegatable pieces, a bottle with medium holes cut into it so when you put food in there they have to shake it to ocme out. arthur loves keys so i got him some blank keys (much to timpsons confusion) and a soft fob so it doesnt hurt his mouth to toss...he also loves flower pots, coco and kitty have a dig box a cuddly toy a tunnel and love cardboard boxes with holes cut into them.... also you can try things like an overtunerd large flower pot for them to jump onto, also try things like large spaces they can run into or small spaces made with boxes into a warren for them to sqeeze through...mine always look for a sqeezy hole to nose around!:lol::lol::lol: nb(only give them a small squeezey hole if they have plenty of space should they want to be elsewhere!!
treat balls are quite cheap to buy, plastic rattle bottles, um what else do mine have lets think.... oh i know apple and willow tree sticks they love them to chew and toss (cut from trees near by but i think yo ucan buy them too)
also have had buns in the past who like towels like a tea towel hung up to play with. x

Back