• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scamp has been to the vets today...

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
And has came back a she!! :shock: The vet is 100% sure shes a she now, but she'll be keeping her name as she responds to it :?

She had her VHD and she'll be neutered early April :) She is also definately a dental bunny. He showed me her teeth when we went for her Myxi, and the spurs have gotten worse since then on both lower molars :( She has to go back in 3/4 weeks for her teeth to be checked, but hes sure she'll need a dental soon :( Poor lass

Shes 2.6kg! Hes pleased with her size for her age :) Now we need to cut back on the pellets and increase the hay intake :? xXx

Aww poor confused Scamp! At least she's now one thing and not an inbetween! :shock: Still looks like a boy to me tho :oops:

Shame about the dentals :( but at least she has a caring bunny mummy to sort them out xx

She does look like a boy :oops: I still keep calling her a he! :oops: Come on little fella :lol::oops:

Shes free range most the time now :love: Follows me round like a little dog, such a mummys girl! I do have her insured, its with the vets themselves... if when she goes for her check up in 3/4 weeks, the spurs have gotten worse again they wont cover the dentals, but if theyve gotten better (Eat hay Scamp you devil!) the vet will be willing to cover the dentals for us :D Good really, get so much more than pet plan offer!

xXx

aww same with both of mine, we thought all along sooty was a boy hence not having a very feminine name :roll: and Oreo had a boy, girl, boy, debate -everytime we went to the vet it was different! We def know hes all man now though :lol:

Hope scamps teefs are ok - Keep Nomming Hay Scamp xx

awwww bless!!!

*sends vibes that she eats as much hay as Tinks does* :lol: I scatter her pellets in her fresh hay stash, as well as dried herbs and fresh herbs, she'll spend well over an hour a couple of times a day munching through all that lot :)

the pair of them are like little dogs! hehe

(has she persuaded you to let her sleep on your bed yet, like a certain spoiled Tinkerbell? :lol:)

Tinks is going in hopefully next week for spaying, I'm looking after 2 unneutered males during the first week of April, I'm NOT going to have little Tinkers running about the place, that's for sure! :lol:

I can't wait till Heffalump is weighed again :lol: she was 2.55kg about 6 weeks ago hehe

awwww bless!!!

*sends vibes that she eats as much hay as Tinks does* :lol: I scatter her pellets in her fresh hay stash, as well as dried herbs and fresh herbs, she'll spend well over an hour a couple of times a day munching through all that lot :)

the pair of them are like little dogs! hehe

(has she persuaded you to let her sleep on your bed yet, like a certain spoiled Tinkerbell? :lol:)

Tinks is going in hopefully next week for spaying, I'm looking after 2 unneutered males during the first week of April, I'm NOT going to have little Tinkers running about the place, that's for sure! :lol:

I can't wait till Heffalump is weighed again :lol: she was 2.55kg about 6 weeks ago hehe

She really doesnt bother with hay :? Im going to order some different types of hay tomorrow from somewhere online, and hope she eats one :? Think i'll try and get the burns green oat as that was always a hit with my other fatties!

2.55kg 6 weeks ago :shock: Can you still feel her backbone? I can feel Scamps more than i can my other buns :? Vet said it isnt too much to worry about as its because shes growing still but it worries me :oops:

She normally has her pellets in a treat ball, but i'll defo try the sprinkling on the hay!

Scamp: Fanks Aunty Lyn! I was opin' mummy would buy me a magic pink egg like Phoenix and Indi have :evil: Wont gets one now fanks to your great idea! HuMpH!

She really doesnt bother with hay :? Im going to order some different types of hay tomorrow from somewhere online, and hope she eats one :? Think i'll try and get the burns green oat as that was always a hit with my other fatties!

2.55kg 6 weeks ago :shock: Can you still feel her backbone? I can feel Scamps more than i can my other buns :? Vet said it isnt too much to worry about as its because shes growing still but it worries me :oops:

She normally has her pellets in a treat ball, but i'll defo try the sprinkling on the hay!

Scamp: Fanks Aunty Lyn! I was opin' mummy would buy me a magic pink egg like Phoenix and Indi have :evil: Wont gets one now fanks to your great idea! HuMpH!

when she was 2.55kg she had a very prominent backbone and my vet said it was nothing to worry about and that giants often looked starved while they were growing, but now she's god knows what in weight, definately a LOT heavier as she just looks massive, i can feel her backbone if i feel for it, but it's nowhere near as prominent (lol she's just run past me at top speed)

Tinkerbell: hehe Scamp, your mummeh is a big meanie, i just had to flutter my gorgeous eyelashes at my mummeh and now she takes me upstairs to sleep on her massive bed! i make her laff at my binkies all over her duvet then i leave her big piles of poos on it cos its funny :lol:

at least you know she's princess scamp now:D sorry to hear she's a dental bun - as you know both of mine are (both had dentals oct/nov) and when we went for our myxo jabs on saturday, the vet said both buns' teeth were good - we can leave it 3-4 months for the next check.

i'm sure you can get her to eat hay once you find some she likes. want me to send you some samples of the stuff i have to try her on? i do pander to the whims of eric and esme's preferences cos whatever i spend on hay ain't as costly as dentals:roll:

when she was 2.55kg she had a very prominent backbone and my vet said it was nothing to worry about and that giants often looked starved while they were growing, but now she's god knows what in weight, definately a LOT heavier as she just looks massive, i can feel her backbone if i feel for it, but it's nowhere near as prominent (lol she's just run past me at top speed)

Tinkerbell: hehe Scamp, your mummeh is a big meanie, i just had to flutter my gorgeous eyelashes at my mummeh and now she takes me upstairs to sleep on her massive bed! i make her laff at my binkies all over her duvet then i leave her big piles of poos on it cos its funny :lol:

Scamp: I knews i should've left and not you! I is well deprived ere. My mummeh has 4 ova buns, and trust me, 2 of dem is HOOGE and she reali loves dem :cry: I jus follows the mummeh round like a puppeh dog, she luvs me she says, but i doesnt get to sleep on da big beds :cry: Dnt worry, i rattle da bars on da puppeh pen, the mummeh will soon lets me on hers bed ;) Da daddeh can sleep in da puppeh pen! ;)

at least you know she's princess scamp now:D sorry to hear she's a dental bun - as you know both of mine are (both had dentals oct/nov) and when we went for our myxo jabs on saturday, the vet said both buns' teeth were good - we can leave it 3-4 months for the next check.

i'm sure you can get her to eat hay once you find some she likes. want me to send you some samples of the stuff i have to try her on? i do pander to the whims of eric and esme's preferences cos whatever i spend on hay ain't as costly as dentals:roll:

She is Princess Scamp :love: I dont mind her being a dental bun, it isnt a problem as long as she isnt in pain :love: Do yours have dentals under GA Wendy? Hopefully she'll start eating hay soon! What hay do you buy your bunnies? I was going to order some different hays from online tomorrow, like the sample packs. I dont mind buying the hay if they eat it. I remember spending £15 on the alfalfa stuff last year and none of my buns or the foster buns would touch it! I had to give it to another fosterer :lol: Expensive mistake.

Aww, little scamp :love:

Any new photos of her? ;)
:love:

Will get some pics tomorrow of her ;) Wish her ears wasnt so mad, they get in the way of pics :lol: xxx

She is Princess Scamp :love: I dont mind her being a dental bun, it isnt a problem as long as she isnt in pain :love: Do yours have dentals under GA Wendy? Hopefully she'll start eating hay soon! What hay do you buy your bunnies? I was going to order some different hays from online tomorrow, like the sample packs. I dont mind buying the hay if they eat it. I remember spending £15 on the alfalfa stuff last year and none of my buns or the foster buns would touch it! I had to give it to another fosterer :lol: Expensive mistake.

my vet won't do conscious dentals becky so i thought about that other place should eric need them often but tbh, they struggle trying to get the thingy in his mouth to look at his teeth so i fear a conscious one may finish him off! as his hay intake has increased (nasty mummy started not giving his veg or pellets til she had seen him sat munching hay:oops:) they are getting less.

that was esme's first dental too (well, since she came to me) so i wanted my own vet to do hers anyway as i trust my vet and wanted to be sure she was monitoring essie.

i buy the green oat (both love that, eric esp), alfalfa king timothy (just for esme), herbal hay (vita something?), pettex cheapy stuff (eric) and i can't remember the other 2 types:? i tend to give 3 sorts per day but vary them a bit.

my vet won't do conscious dentals becky so i thought about that other place should eric need them often but tbh, they struggle trying to get the thingy in his mouth to look at his teeth so i fear a conscious one may finish him off! as his hay intake has increased (nasty mummy started not giving his veg or pellets til she had seen him sat munching hay:oops:) they are getting less.

that was esme's first dental too (well, since she came to me) so i wanted my own vet to do hers anyway as i trust my vet and wanted to be sure she was monitoring essie.

i buy the green oat (both love that, eric esp), alfalfa king timothy (just for esme), herbal hay (vita something?), pettex cheapy stuff (eric) and i can't remember the other 2 types:? i tend to give 3 sorts per day but vary them a bit.

Ahh i see. Yeah Scamp would be having dentals under GA too, but he said it'd only be £50 for a straight foward dental plus any medication/pain relief on top. He explained to me why they dont do concious dentals :? Apparently the bunnies have a main blood vessel right at the end where the vets put the tool in to do the dental, so one slip and the bunny would die :cry: Doesnt bare thinking about does it?

Shes flopped in her tray now, just about to give her some pellets on a fresh pile of hay!! Lets hope it works :? xxx

OMG Scamps a little girl :shock::shock::shock::shock: Genuinely shocked Becky!! What has Dan said about that? She's not his little lad any more! :lol:

poor mite too :( Hope everything goes okay for him... oops, HER in the future! :love:

OMG Scamps a little girl :shock::shock::shock::shock: Genuinely shocked Becky!! What has Dan said about that? She's not his little lad any more! :lol:

poor mite too :( Hope everything goes okay for him... oops, HER in the future! :love:

:lol::lol: I aint spoke to you in ages!! Last time he went to the vets they couldnt tell what she was! ;) Today shes a girl! Thank god shes something!! :lol:

Scamp isnt too keen on him anymore, shes a proper mummys girl :love: She follows me everywhere like a little dog :love: She will go to Dan for cuddles, and she does sit on his feet to keep em warm :lol: Shes such a human orientated bunny! Ive never known a rabbit like her xxx

Awww poor scamp! :lol: at least you know now though :D

You'll get used to calling her a 'she', it took a while with Jose but it clicks in the end

Awww poor scamp! :lol: at least you know now though :D

You'll get used to calling her a 'she', it took a while with Jose but it clicks in the end

So now we both have girlies with boys names!! :lol: :? Dan keeps saying we need to change her name, but theres no chance! She responds to it, so shes Scamp forever! :D xXx

Back