• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anything happening with the 'Make mine chocolate' campaign this year?

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
The easter bunny problem is already starting to show on my local freecycle...

'Has anyone got a hutch I can have as I have promised my daughter a rabbit for Easter, but all the little extras are mounting up and getting expensive'...was on my local fc last night.

As if a hutch was a little extra.... but anyway :roll:

Is there a 'Make mine chocolate' thing going on this year, like last year?

Make Mine Chocolate! is asking pet shops who sell rabbits to not sell them over two weeks of Easter, we have been informed that there is at least 1 pet shop who is supporting this. Whilst this is not much, it is a start.

There has been a press release sent out to many of the newspapers in the UK, with more press releases to come.

The MMC Blog http://www.makeminechocolate.co.uk/blog/ will contain details of any press releases which are sent out. We are hoping that some of the newspapers will publish them.

We are also in need of the support of any rescues in collecting data to do with any rabbits who are handed over to rescues to give us details of where these rabbits have come from. Any data can either be downloaded directly on to the website or a paper version can be completed and posted to MMC.

Edited cos maybe I is saying too much just yet. :lol:

Last edited:
bury times :wave:

Thank you, they are already on our mailing list, and will have already recieved this, we have contacted them via the News Editor, Steve Orrell.

We have spent hours making lists of all the newspapers in the country and all the press releases are being sent to all those on the list. We are planning to run a series of press releases which will be sent out via our list.

Where can I find the press release? Its possible I'm being blind and not seeing it....would like to send it to the local papers down here if they're not on your list :wave:

Try contacting Notcutts branch near Cambridge - they stopped selling at Xmas for a couple of weeks and am pretty sure they would do the same at Easter if pressed.

Please can I request that people do not forward the press release to their local paper as we already have sent it to over 500 papers in the county.

We would like papers to view it and hopefully use it in their papers. If they are sent the same release more than once, we don't want them to feel that they are being hastled and then not do something with it.

The Manchester Chad is one who has been contacted.

The press release is http://www.makeminechocolate.co.uk/blog/?p=234 however less pictures are posted on the blog than has been sent to the papers as I only can post one picture on the blog.

Hope that this clarifies things

I have perused the UK and US mmc sites to see if I can find a poster that would be suitable to put up in my local school. There doesn't seem to be a 'child friendly' poster there.

Would it be an idea for RU'ers to design a good poster that could be printed by us and distributed to our local areas? If lots of RUers got behind the campaign, the word could be spread a long way.

I don't know if this is treading on any toes, so am asking before I do anything silly.

I have perused the UK and US mmc sites to see if I can find a poster that would be suitable to put up in my local school. There doesn't seem to be a 'child friendly' poster there.

Would it be an idea for RU'ers to design a good poster that could be printed by us and distributed to our local areas? If lots of RUers got behind the campaign, the word could be spread a long way.

I don't know if this is treading on any toes, so am asking before I do anything silly.

There are a few posters you can print off which are on the MMc website http://www.makeminechocolate.co.uk/material.php you are welcome to print off as many as you would like and display them.

There will shortly be some new posters which have been designed by MMC which are currently at the printers, which will shortly be available.

We are currently working on a number of areas to help promote the MMC campaign.

is there any way i can buy or get some A4 posters, or anyone who can print some for me, i havent got a printer anymore mine broke.

I distributed a few last years would like to put up more this year,

Please can I request that people do not forward the press release to their local paper as we already have sent it to over 500 papers in the county.

We would like papers to view it and hopefully use it in their papers. If they are sent the same release more than once, we don't want them to feel that they are being hastled and then not do something with it.

The Manchester Chad is one who has been contacted.

The press release is http://www.makeminechocolate.co.uk/blog/?p=234 however less pictures are posted on the blog than has been sent to the papers as I only can post one picture on the blog.

Hope that this clarifies things

My local one is the Mansfield Chad not Manchester. Totally different papers. I am sure they would print it if I speak to my friend, he is the senior editor.

My local one is the Mansfield Chad not Manchester. Totally different papers. I am sure they would print it if I speak to my friend, he is the senior editor.

Thanks we did the Mansfield Chad. The editorial email contact we used was newsdesk@chad.co.uk

If you personally know the Senior Editor it would be great if you could encourage them to use it. The press release we have sent out is the first of a number which are lined up.

Thanks we did the Mansfield Chad. The editorial email contact we used was newsdesk@chad.co.uk

If you personally know the Senior Editor it would be great if you could encourage them to use it. The press release we have sent out is the first of a number which are lined up.

I will ask him if he has received it and tell him he needs to publish it.

Back