• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recomend

not together i hope? :? Buns and guineas shouldn't be housed together.

If you search in housing or use the search function you'll find lots of recommendations for hutch companies :D

Ryedale do brilliant hutches....but please don't house a rabbit and a piggie together!!

As the others say, you can't house rabbits and guinea pigs together - that's like having a giraffe and a tiger in the same enclosure!! Please do get a friend for a single bun though, as they need company of their own kind as well as a hoomin family. :D

There are loads of threads with links to quality hutches, if you have a quick look through the others in this section. Have you thought of maybe buying a shed though? I find my shed/run combo to be the best possible solution.

Last edited:
mums convinced itd be a good idea "but they always show them together on leaflets and tv!"

we cant fit a shed in the garden, this will only be summer accomidation, i will look through the threads thanks x

mums convinced itd be a good idea "but they always show them together on leaflets and tv!"

we cant fit a shed in the garden, this will only be summer accomidation, i will look through the threads thanks x

Mothers! *Sighs*

Nope, buns and piggies can't live together. The don't speak the same language, don't eat the same food, and rabbits often end up seriously harming and even killing a guinea companion. Show her some pics of loved-up buns and she'll soon change her mind! :D

:wave: Hi Georgy I can see why your mum would think that, however I haven't seen any ad's lately which recommends them being housed together, in fact the RSPCA do advise against it as do most rabbit welfare organisations and Guineau pig rescues etc - i think your going to have to get mum on here and let her see for herself if you can't convince her on your own. Well done you for getting the correct information, you sound like you know what your doing so she should listen to you. Keep us posted with your idea's Georgey.:wave:

i already have one bun but id like him to have a summer home so he can spend time outside when im not well enough to take him out myself :)

ill have a look at those leaflets thanks :) im not a fan of piggies myself and it would be far far to much hassle for me to look after them even if they did get on!

i think a trip to the local animal shelters is in need!

I recommend Cumfy Pets hutches, I have this one and love it!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-6FT-Dou...et_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item35a1e1709f

However if you want a piggy as well, they often don't do well in double storey hutches as the ramps are a bit difficult for them, so you might be better off with the single storey :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-6ft-Sin...et_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item4ce9a7a4c8

Still plenty space in it.

Wow those hutches are a right bargain, and they look realy well made aswell.

i already have one bun but id like him to have a summer home so he can spend time outside when im not well enough to take him out myself :)

ill have a look at those leaflets thanks :) im not a fan of piggies myself and it would be far far to much hassle for me to look after them even if they did get on!

i think a trip to the local animal shelters is in need!

Well done for choosing to rescue a bunny. Whereabouts are you? (Just asking so maybe we can reccomend a good rescue near to you!)

If anyone is looking around for hutches and other pet accessories, I hear that this place is a good one to try:

<link removed>

They're called <link removed> and I've used them several times now to get hold of supplies for my rabbits :D

I wouldn't say any of those hutches are big enough for one rabbit...and Georgey is getting another. :) No where near big enough for two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend Cumfy Pets hutches, I have this one and love it!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-6FT-Dou...et_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item35a1e1709f

However if you want a piggy as well, they often don't do well in double storey hutches as the ramps are a bit difficult for them, so you might be better off with the single storey :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-6ft-Sin...et_Supplies_Small_Animals?hash=item4ce9a7a4c8

Still plenty space in it.

TBH i would NOT recommend these hutches - good size, look well made but the wood is SOFT - it will rot when it gets wet (winter or summer) and will be so easy to chew the buns will have a great time for about 3 weeks making holes and destroying it! Hutches that last are made of solid hardwoods and the best are tongue and groove. Expensive but will last time entire lifetime of the buns with some TLC.

I wouldn't say any of those hutches are big enough for one rabbit...and Georgey is getting another. :) No where near big enough for two.

It's one of those numpties just signing up to sites and saying "HI BUY MY STUFF PLZ"

Delete the posts, ban the numpty and send a strongly worded email to the website that'll be ignored but at least you've tried.

The product below is very popular with our customers - you might like it.

Its a unique dual-action cleaning solution to help keep the hutches and runs
of rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets clean and healthy. The good thing about this one is that it neutralises even the most persistent smells of rabbits, leaving a
nice smell.

<link removed>

Personally I wouldn't want to use anything in my rabbits accomodation that has the word "Potent" in its description - If I wanted to neutralize odours I'd use vinegar!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of those numpties just signing up to sites and saying "HI BUY MY STUFF PLZ"

Delete the posts, ban the numpty and send a strongly worded email to the website that'll be ignored but at least you've tried.

That is what I thought! ;)

we live in wellingborough nearby we have pine tree farm and NANNA :) i think there is possibly more but these are the two im aware of :)

mums now decided until i get a job i cant have another pet (which i feel is unfair because she knows im too ill to get a job) i think i can afford to pay for the insurence for both so that shouldnt be a problem so im not sure why shes said that :p ill work on convincing her send me vibes please!

Back