• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding ?

Collielover

Mama Doe
ok just a genral question is it possible to bond a spayed female with a uneutered male.. or do we need to wait on the male to be done first. All my bonding so far is both being done

I have done this several times in the past due to circumstance/need etc. I do still have one unneutered male with a neutered female - they get on just fine. But he is very placid.

My buns have always both been neutered. I dont think i would risk trying to bond an unneutered boy, but at the same time, if the boy is placid, it may work ok.

i bonded unexpectedly an unneutered male with my spayed female they got on perfectly but he was very humpy and though she licked him and enjoyed his compan ywas not so keen when he got his humping atttacks...he was done shortly after(both going in together for the op even though she was already done as i didnt want to break the bond) they are much happier and still have the odd hump but are besotted with each other. it can work but its easier to bond after neutering as an aggressive female may attack his genitals(especially if he face humps)

You know, i just remembered, my Taffy was not spayed when she was bonded to Trio. We didn't know if she was or not. Then when we lost Trio, and bonded her to Flynn, she nest built, so got her spayed. We hadn't before as we were not sure if she was done or not and didn't want to put her through an op if she had been done. So i have bonded an unspayed female, but never an entire male.

is it possible that if 1 bunny is spayed and the other un neutered , that they bond intially but when the male goes away for neutering, the bond could be broken altogether? Vet says they would have to be kept apart for a week? is this usual after a neutering?

With the amount of humping that an unneutered boy bunny does I would have the boy done.It would be too much for the doe imo.
I have very recently pocket picked my boy and 6 weeks later bonded him with an unneutered girl.Its been 4 days and its going well!!!
(There are reasons why Ive not had the doe neutered..and vet agrees).

With the amount of humping that an unneutered boy bunny does I would have the boy done.It would be too much for the doe imo.
I have very recently pocket picked my boy and 6 weeks later bonded him with an unneutered girl.Its been 4 days and its going well!!!
(There are reasons why Ive not had the doe neutered..and vet agrees).

yeah teh boy will be getting nuetered, it was just to see if they could be bonded first, then neutered soon after and if bond would still be okay after neutering. I am VERY impatient and want a bunny for my Peppy now :lol:

yeah teh boy will be getting nuetered, it was just to see if they could be bonded first, then neutered soon after and if bond would still be okay after neutering. I am VERY impatient and want a bunny for my Peppy now :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah teh boy will be getting nuetered, it was just to see if they could be bonded first, then neutered soon after and if bond would still be okay after neutering. I am VERY impatient and want a bunny for my Peppy now

does anyone think this could work?

Back