• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is ginger poo normal?

Mel D

Warren Scout
Hello, I bought another baby lop rabbit he is only 8-10 weeks old but his droppings are gingery colour has anyone had this with their rabbit?
cookie.jpg

they are the most prized poops a bunny mum could wish for... you bunny is eating loads and loads of hay and making the perfect poops :D:D

Thank you for your reply I was a little worried as I have 4 other bunnys and there poos are always brown. so I am very pleased and will carry on feeding the hay. As he is only young shall I still feed a egg cup full of pellets twice a day?

i think its veg that makes them dark.. and because i probably give too much veg i can only dream of golden poops :oops::lol::lol:

sounds like you have found the perfect balance of pellets/hay :D

some say unlimited pellets up to 7 months, some say its bad habit creating and stops them eating hay when they reach adulthood.

as long as your vet is happy with weight and development etc keep the pellets as you have them :D

i think its veg that makes them dark.. and because i probably give too much veg i can only dream of golden poops :oops::lol::lol:

sounds like you have found the perfect balance of pellets/hay :D

some say unlimited pellets up to 7 months, some say its bad habit creating and stops them eating hay when they reach adulthood.

as long as your vet is happy with weight and development etc keep the pellets as you have them :D

lol i also think its grass too i find my buns who freerange and graze most of the day have darker and slightly smaller pooops but if they get stuck in their hutch or indoors like over the colder weather they get larger and more golden so fresh food will make tehm darker. as long as they not small and tiny dont worry xx

Grass can definitely make the poos darker - Alfie and Bubbles have poos of various shades throughout the day, depending on what they've eaten a few hours before. :lol::lol:

Different hays give different colour poos too - I've been offering a different hay that's a lot greener, more like dried grass really, which has turned their poos quite dark as well.

Big poos, any shade of brown, are good. :D:D

Back