• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lop weight

Suzanne

Mama Doe
What is the ideal weight for french lop. When I got Alfie three weeks ago he was very boney and under weight. I took him to the vets and he weighed 3.3kg. He had a dental and neutering and stopped eating after that so he was weighed again at the vets and had lost 300g. Now two weeks later he is eating ok so I weighed him today and he's 3.7kg but he's still quite boney.

What is the ideal weight for french lop. When I got Alfie three weeks ago he was very boney and under weight. I took him to the vets and he weighed 3.3kg. He had a dental and neutering and stopped eating after that so he was weighed again at the vets and had lost 300g. Now two weeks later he is eating ok so I weighed him today and he's 3.7kg but he's still quite boney.

Hi that is really weird I am just about to post about French Lop weight. How old is he? Do you have any photographs? Im not an expert on french lops but that does sound light, but it depends on his age xxx

Hi that is really weird I am just about to post about French Lop weight. How old is he? Do you have any photographs? Im not an expert on french lops but that does sound light, but it depends on his age xxx

I wont bother posting another post as you have already created this one, Jemima is over 9 months old, and weighs 6.7kg/1.2stone/14.7lbs

Just to give you an idea on her size in comparison to her weight here is a photograph:

photo.jpg

(nb: I am only 4foot 10)

anything from 10lbs upwards is about right.i have one who is around 15lb and one just under 14lbs

My frenchy is deemed small (apparently thats why the breeder dumped him at the rescue), he's now just over 12 months old and is 4.5kg. My vet gave him a good squeeze and said that he's about the right weight.

It's like Grim, he looks like a Frenchie but he's just never put the weight on. He does have teeth problems though. His head is huge but his body is lovely and slim. He's about 3kg.

I have two rabbits that i got from a breeder who said they were frenchies but they are six months and only 51/2 pounds:shock:

It's like Grim, he looks like a Frenchie but he's just never put the weight on. He does have teeth problems though. His head is huge but his body is lovely and slim. He's about 3kg.

Alfie has teeth problems too. He does eat but nowhere near as much as my other buns.

Do you have a photo ? X

My smallish Frenchie only weighed 5.2kg bless her, then she lost a bit of weight before I lost her.

Maybe your bun is a large dwarf lop?

I've come to the conclusion that Grimlock is just a Dwarf Lop. He's probably got French in him but breeders that sell to pet shops don't care really as long as they can bang out the bunnies for the cash. :censored:

(By the way I got Grim from a lady who bought him from a pet shop then didn't want him because he was too big. Even though the pet shop told her he would grow bigger she didn't believe them because he was so big already...)

How old is Alfie?Barley is a small french lop,weighing from 4.2-4.6kg.Approx 9-10lbs.She is on the borderline of the minimum weight.Willow,my last frenchie,weighed 15lbs.French lops usually have very long ears[compared to smaller lops] & extremely long tails & are so laid back,they are horizontal!!:lol:

Back