• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jeez

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
*Memo to self- KEEP AWAY FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS*

In an ad' for a Rabbit, reason for sale : 'I am looking for a new home for her because i am re-decorating my flat'.

:censored:

She obviously doesn't appreciate the immense help her bunny could give her with this project. Not to mention putting her own unique stamp on it :lol:.

I expect she's got bunny's best interest at heart - all those fumes.....NOT Grrr!

Did it not occur to the woman when she took on the little beast that she might need to decorate during its lifetime?? (Mind you, it's not the first thing that came to mind when I got rabbits :roll:)

I've seen an ad recently that says that the bunny in questions 'needs children who are interested in playing with it as mine have got bored' :censored: Rules me out for that one then as only adults to play with bunnehs here :?

The sarcastic humorous responses are fantastic on this thread ! :lol: Pathetic isn't it. Wonder if she'd do the same if she had a toddler, cos they can sure mess up your interior design.

I looked yesterday and wish i hadn't there were loads 'FREE TO A GOOD HOME'.......one said please come and take this rabbit for free as he is being beaten up by his brothers and i feel sorry for him :evil::censored:

I wonder if it would be a good idea to start a new thread on "Meaningless Excuses"?:roll:

• "My rabbit needs more attention than I can give her."
  • "No longer fits in with our lifestyle - after 3 months".

Etc, Etc.

None of these adverts ever states, "I did not think about it before we bought the rabbit, the children lost interest and we were never really bothered, etc, etc. Now we don't want to pay for a rescue to help the rabbit - might actually cost us money. So we thought we would come up with this conscience-salving sob story to cover up our rabbit dumping intentions. We don't really care if the rabbit goes as snake food, at least we've got rid of it".

My apologies in advance to those (few) people with "genuine" reasons for rehoming.:?

End of :censored :rant........

Isn't the most common one 'I'm having a baby' - mmm, lets hope you don't decide to give the baby up for rehoming when you get fed up of that!

I have a 'friend' who gave her cats to a resuce centre when she had her first baby, I can honestly say I've never forgiven her, years later I still have a go at her and she still defends herself. Infact we're not really friends anymore and this is probably one of the underlying reasons. She also told one of my best mate to do it cos 'its ok, everyone does it'. :censored: :evil: Thankfully my best mate turned around and said she loved her cat and couldn't even consider it. :D

Besides...still waiting for Mr Fluffy to finish stripping the wallpaper :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: yep, when matthew and tabby finish downstairs, i'm moving them to the bedrooms again - but this time, i'm making a ledge around the room so they can reach the top bits...

Isn't the most common one 'I'm having a baby' - mmm, lets hope you don't decide to give the baby up for rehoming when you get fed up of that!

With parents like that that couldn't be a bad thing anyway!

Seriously, it's maddening isn't it!

Just ridiculous however, on the flip side at least they aren't just dumping them somewhere, or worse eating them or something equally macabre. Still doesn't make it right though - I can't bear to look at those.:(

I wonder if it would be a good idea to start a new thread on "Meaningless Excuses"?:roll:

• "My rabbit needs more attention than I can give her."
  • "No longer fits in with our lifestyle - after 3 months".

Etc, Etc.

Roughly translates as... 'I'd rather spend my spare time doing something more interesting' :evil:

I've just found something on free-ads that shocked me (I should know better). I'm aware of a small rescue that advertises on 'free ads site X' and they quite often have a few rabbits in as well as various other animals. I clicked to see all their adverts listed and they are looking for a stud for their Staffie :shock::shock::shock: They want to bring Staffie pups into this over-crowded world. Honestly, I'm speechless :shock: I just can't understand why you would rescue on the one hand and then ....:?

When we were at the rescue yesterday, the owner was telling us they have been asked to put a collie dog on their forum for rehoming ( the rescue doesn't do dogs). The dog has become destructive- he is 11 and not getting enough exercise because they now have kids....... 11 years old and they can get rid, just like that!:evil:

Back