• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting 2 New Buns Today!!

aussiebun

Alpha Buck
Am about to head out to the rescue with Lily in tow, to adopt a husbun for her :love: :love: :love:

While I was on the phone to the rescue this morning, I mentioned a little male bun that I'd seen on their website, who's been there for a while, he's been abused :censored:

I asked if I could take him too and what his story is (if you don't want to be distressed scroll down). He was abused by children and set on fire!! :censored: :censored: :censored: If I could get my hands on those little (starts with f rhymes with luck and ends with ers)...grrrrr.

He's healed mostly from his burns, but understandably is still very jumpy and thin due to stress etc. I asked if he's ready for a new home and the rescue thinks it's the best thing for him as he needs lots of TLC and one-on-one time that they just can't give him as they're swamped at the moment.

When we hung up she was about to head out to rescue 39 rabbits abandoned by a breeder! 39!!!

:censored:

Awwwhh! Poor little bunny. I bet he'll feel like he's in heaven with a lovely new family to look after him. :love:

Of course, I think I speak for all of RU when I say....... WE NEED PICCYS! :lol:

Thats a wonderful thing you're doing for him. You'll be rewarded tenfold over the coming years.

Piccies please.

Sorry to hear that your beautiful country suffers with little bar stewards ( sorry mods - it makes you indescribably angry ) just like ours.

Thats so sad for the wee man, but so good if you get him.
Im sure he will become a wee favourite with us here at RU, we all love a happy ending :)

Aww, I think it's amazing you're going to transform this little guy's life. It might take a few months, but you will get him trusting and happy again. What's going to happen about Lily and her husbun then? Are you going to bond them all together, or get 'burnt bunny' a wifey later? Don't forget to post pictures, pronto!

Hehe, don't worry, I'll post pictures asap - I have some gorgeous one's that you'll love! :love: :love:

The idea was to get Lily her husbun (Wally) and keep Hahns (burnt bunny) on his own until he settled and then get him a wifeybun.

But...

Something AMAZING happened when we were at the rescue. The owner brought Hahns in and popped him on the table with Lily and Wally and all 3 just flocked to each other and have been inseparable since AND Wally is not neutered yet!!

There's been no scuffles, no chasing. A little bit of nipping and mounting but nothing out of the ordinary. All 3 slept in the snugglebox together cuddled up lastnight :love: Wally is incredibly laid back, so just accepts anything and anyone I think. Lily was a bit overwhelmed at first as both boys are much bigger than her but she's discovered that she can boss them both around to their little hearts content! :D

I can't believe it myself, they adore eachother - share the same water bowl, hay rack, food bowl without an issue.

Aren't they just the most amazing little creatures? It's funny how things work out sometimes.

I'm so proud of my bunnies!! I often wonder how, out of all the bunnies in the world I ALWAYS get the best ones!! Hehehehe. ;)

PS - Wally is booked in to be neutered this Friday!

Last edited:
Ok, I promised pics so here they are...

This is Wally, Lily's husbun. He's such a lovely, sweet boy.

Wally.jpg

This is Hahns, the burnt bunny, the physical wounds have healed (apart from his weight) but the emotional wounds will take some time. He's a lovely tempered soul :D

Hahns.jpg

Wally & Hahns together...

WH.jpg

Lily & Hahns together...

LH.jpg

I've got some lovely ones of Lily & Wally as well, but haven't had time to upload them yet - I promise I will asap.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, what a lovely outcome! I really hope everything stays that way. Well done you anyway! :D

Thankyou, they are gorgeous aren't they? I still can't believe how it worked out. You'd think that Wally not being neutered yet would mean it wouldn't work but it is working - incredible! I would never have tried to put an un-neutered male in with another male, neutered or not but looks like the buns had other plans, :D

Due to his rough start in life, Wally has a history of kidney problems, which he has recovered from, according to the rescue, but I'm a bit concerned about risking a GA for neutering. I'm seeing the vet when I drop them off on Friday and they are aware of this. I'm assuming they'll do blood tests or something before the op? Has anyone else had this problem before?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

More pics to come later xxx

Back