• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on my Daisy :-)

clairekaitlin

Warren Scout
Hi bunny lovers:wave:

I have fantastic news:D
after several very worrysome and expensive weeks Daisy is now infection free:D
I manged to squueze the last bit of the pus out with my long nails and now there is nothing left so its allowed to scab over and heal:D
She is still on antibiotics for 2 weeks just to make sure every lasy bit of thje infection id gone better to be safe than sorry but my god she is honestly like a different rabbit!!:love:
She is now just as cheeky as her sister, very cuddly and binkying like crazy:love:
Its absolutely fantastic seeing her so obviously happy and pain free now and I want to give a very big thank you to all of you that advised me, the help was most appriciated;)

I would also like to say a very very special to "hugos there" her personal messages when she has been under stress and worry herself were lovely:)

I send lots and lots of get well vibes for all poorly bunnies and hope your all better soon xxxx
claire xx

Aww yay im so glad she's ok and binkying around with joy :D
I agree,the people on here are so lovely and supportive. Long live RU!
xx

I am so glad that Daisy has made such a great recovery, I had a feeling she would :)

And well done for all the care you have give her over the past few weeks, owning bunnies is always such a learning curve :lol:

I'm just glad I was able to offer a few bits of advice, its what its all about :love:

That's fantastic news. I was wondering how she was doing. Well done you for persevering with Daisy's care and enabling her to become a happy, binkying bun once again.

xxx

Congratulation on your perseverance and having faith in Daisy.

Just one note of caution, keep up those antibiotics for a couple of weeks they are crucial for her full recovery.

Congratulation on your perseverance and having faith in Daisy.

Just one note of caution, keep up those antibiotics for a couple of weeks they are crucial for her full recovery.

Don't Worry I actually have enough Baytril for just over two weeks so will just continue giving it until all gone xx

Back