• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

licking the sofa, carpet, pillows...

Grasshopper

Young Bun
What does it mean??
Our bun sat licking the arm of the sofa for ages last night.
Sometimes he licks the rug.
Quite often he will lick my pillow (he jumps on the bed for a bit of affection before I go to sleep, then comes back in the morning when he wants his breakfast.)
Sometimes, I get my hand licked too.
I get the hand licking, I can kind of understand the pillow if it smells of people he likes,
but what is it with the rug? and the armchair?
Any ideas?

I don't know, my bun Tilly used to lick the sofa like crazy, and also the inside of my wrist???!! Funny things!
xxx

hehe, I see it as a sign of general contentment/affection :D

Crumpet licks my face and our feet, and anything he seems to take a liking to. He'll spend ages licking all over my face after I have given him a groom, it's like he's returning the favour. :oops:

Try giving him a bowl of water to slurp if it's wierding you out, bunnehs love it!

It's definately a sign of affection. My Gordon licks his teddy all the time and my hands. He doesn't like feet though!

penny alway licks the wooden floor, especially in places wher the guinea pigs have been. Or she likes lickin my OH`s feet......... EWWWWWWWWWW :lol:

My Bunny started doing this 3 or 4 weeks ago. She never used to be a cuddle bun, but in the last couple of weeks, she has flopped out with me and allowed me to cuddle up to her, tickling her for ages, and she has been doing the tooth purring! As soon as I stopped tickling her, she nudged my hands a few times. When I didn't respond, she jumped up, licked my face LOADS and then nudged me again! She's turned into such a cutie! :love:

She was licking the carpet, table leg, my jeans, her cage, etc etc!

my bun skipper will lick my pants, his toys, anything! and once he starts licking its hard to stop.
although he mostly does it at nighttime.

I know with horses if they lick things it can mean they are deficient in some minerals, pony i used to ride would sometimes lick the concrete floor of her stable or mud in the field, we gave her mineral licks and she stopped it. I have no idea tbh if the same applies to rabbits? Not much help really am i!!

you might be onto something there.. i heard that rabbits and horses are closely related. Maybe thats why they came out with those mineral licks for rabbits? i always wondered because skipper just sort of ignored them.

Back