• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three bunnies together

l88utd

New Kit
Hi there,
Our two rabbits had a litter of bunnies 7 weeks ago so they are now going to their new homes. We couldn't resist keeping one though so I wondered if it was fine to keep the three of them together. The vet believes the bunny is female.
We have put the male (dad) with the bunny for a while as we watched and there were no problems. When we put all three together they were fine for a few minutes before mum started chasing the baby and started mounting it! We whisked the little one out when we saw that because he's still so little compared to her.
Any advice on whether this is just normal and harmless?
Thanks!

Hi, the male is now neutered and we are about to get the female (the mum) done. Do you think we should wait until after the mum is neutered then?

my male and female bunnies had a litter and all 6 have been kept together since birth with no problems, the mum and dad have both been neutered now

I'd definatly wait until both parents are fixed as it sounds like mums abit hormonal. Also bear in mind that when the little one comes of age and starts getting her hormones (around 4-6 months) she may become abit aggressive with the others and you will have to seperate her, get her fixed, then rebond them when shes recovered.

xx

Back