• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your bunny a grunter too?

H Maughan

Mama Doe
Dillan used to be quite vocal when his hormones were raging etc. He was neutered almost a year ago now and he seems to be going back to being very 'grunty'.
He usually does it when I enter my room (he's now allowed to freerange all day) and he runs around in circles like he used to do when he was feeling horny :lol: He also does it when its feeding time or when I have food and he wants some.
Is this normal? Its just its quite noticeable and I can't recall ever having a male rabbit like this before once they'd been neutered. He does seem to be incredibly food obsessed also :shock:
Helen xx

yep, ralph's the same, and especially when I enter the room and there's food avaiable. AND it's got worse due to spring fever!

I don't know why he does it, he's not going to have his food taken away or anything!

They dont grunt at me, but when I put my hand in the food bag they go round in a circle and one grunts and the other makes this really weird noise :lol: I think its just out of excitment, as when I start going ' Is it fooood time bummybums, Ohh loook whats this' they go faster :lol:

alvin grunts and lunges when ive really peed him off.. ususally when im trying to get him eating again and hes got a tummy ache... not the best time to annoy a stroppy bunny :shock:

Bobby always grunts at me when I feed him, stroke him enter 'his' garden or stop him chewing my jeans and shoes.

My Bella isn't spayed yet so yes,she grunts a lot :lol:
Boris grunts and lunges when he's really pee'd off :lol:

Yes bella grunts and stamps when something has upset her! Usually the cat or passers by, she's pretty good with me :D Although she did nip my ankle when I stopped stroking her earlier :shock:

Oscar does this when I enter the room - he buzzes and honks like a duck!!:love:

I have to stop him after he's ran around me a couple of times as he has really bad co-ordination and poor muscle control, so if I leave him to it he really wears himself out:roll:

Hehe bossy buns, i love them :lol:
Every morning when I get up and late afternoon when I get in from work Timmy runs around my feet demanding his veggies! He never grunts at me but he does sometimes grunt at Mimi during these times, saying "oi get off this is MY food!"
xxx

Back