• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toffee - Old Bunny

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Guys I need your help regarding my old man Toffee.
He's coming up to 8 and lives with a bunch of youngens. He loves his life, and really has come out of his shell since having bunny company.
However, my concern is his age.
He's a lot bonier than the others (they're like little barrels :roll:) I'm getting concerned. My vet said he may need to have a dental in the future, but he's eating perfectly normal. All 4 of them gather round the large food bowl and share their food with no squabbles.
What would you do? Maybe I'm just being really paranoid (as usual) :roll:

What my vet told me is that even if they're still eating normal amounts, if they need a dental they aren't chewing properly and so the food's going sort of 'straight through', and not absorbing. Maybe that's why? Have you had bloods done at all?

also if you spend one to one time with him, while grooming, stroking him, id give extra treats to help put some needed weight on, that way the others won't know and get jealous :lol:
i do this with rosie :wave:

It may be that he also isn't eating as quickly as the others so is missing out on food. I would try seperating him at feeding time for a few days so you can monitor exactly how well and how much he is eating.

Summer needed her first dental a couple of months ago and she will be 9 in 2 months :)

I would try feeding Toffee on his own too. I did it with Inky when he lost a lot of weight after GI Stasis and it didn't take long to get him back to his normal weight.

Back