• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those of you with giants

touie

Wise Old Thumper
how do you get them to the vets? :? I picked Bella up the other day and I couldn't believe how much she weighs now, not sure I could lift her in a carrier :shock:

In a carrier :) Know what you mean though as Archie is about 7.5kg & feels like a ton weight!! If I can I always try to make sure my hubby can come with me for muscles!!! ;) :lol:

maybe a lead n harness to the car and then put her in a carrier there...then get her out on lead n harness!!
or....get a pet stroller with a lift off carrier....and hope you can get it off the bloomin wheels!:oops::lol:

In a carrier! Its a nightmare! My 2 have just been for their 2 lots of jabs in the last month, and the vet came out to the waiting room to carry them in for me! He knows how much i struggle :oops: Ronnie is 6.5kg and Lola is 6kg! Very heavy to carry :lol: xXx

I had never thought about that! I have enough trouble lifting my dwarf lop, I dont think I would ever manage a giant!!!

can you get like pushchair things with a pet carrier on? In fact, that must be a massive carrier to fit a giant in anyway! My brain hurts just thinking about it. :lol:

I have a dog carrier thing that he sleeps in in the kitchen but you can carry it... but he's still too heavy... so he bounces to the car in his harness then i lift him into the dog thing on the seat. too worried to let him bounce into the vet in case a dog eats him (he would probably eat the dog tho) so the nice vet comes out to help me. i tell him he has a butt like beyonce. i cant believe how much he weighs. but i love him. :love:

not to hijack the topic, but does anyone else's bun find their glasses offensive??? i bend down to say hello, dexter licks my forehead and then pulls my glasses off my face and has a little binky round the room. how wude.

My two (french lop and a 'v big' lop) are 9kg between them and I can only just carry that, so I don't know how you lot cope!

I use just a regular pet carrier.

The main vet branch has a car park right outside so that's not so bad but the little branch near me is a 500 metre walk from the car park. Not far, but when you're carrying over 10kg's of rabbit and ginormous plastic box, it's a long old way! :lol:

I normally fall through the door too, and then normally simultanoiusly trip over a dog of some sort. I'm very graceful! :roll::lol:

I use a big plastic tub from wilkinsons,it hasnt got a lid but my bunnies are very good and dont jump out.I have used the black recycling box before

I have a carrier big enough but to get from my front door to the car I have to trudge up a hill! I guess I could try the harness and lead and put her in the carrier in the car it would be cheaper than a stroller.

I had frenchies before Bella and although heavy with a frenchie and Splodge in the box it was manageable (Splodge is a diddy 3kg). But Bella is sooo much heavier, I'll be interested to find out how heavy :shock: and the worrying thing is that she is still really slim so must have more weight to put on, she's only 10 1/2 months! mine both need there myxi vaccs will most likely book them in over the Easter hols :D

Last edited:
Back