• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phantom pregnancy

ostaragirl

Warren Scout
Does anyone know if it's unusual for a phantom pregnancy to occur almost to the time that she is due. I have a female who should be due right now. She started nesting on Monday and has been fur pulling the last 2 days but nothing seems to be happening. Could it be that she is having a phantom pregnacy?

She's not due for another day or two then. Nesting now is normal.

Is an entire Buck still with her ? If so and he remains with her he will impregnate her again as soon as she kindles.

No she is on her own. I have her in a makeshift set up in a corner of the kitchen. I've had a wee peek at the nest but it doesn't seem like she's making a very good job of it and a lot of the fur she has pulled is strewn around the place. I just hope she is ok. If nothing happens at the weekend I'll take her to the vet.

I have to announce that she had babies after all. I got it wrong about the phantom pregnancy!
I've never had a bunny who is pregnant before. I've got 8 tiny little kits in my kitchen. I'm scared!

Good luck with the babies there is lots of advice on here if you search for it! I thought you had a litter of 8 last summer?

Back