• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:rolleyes: the perpetual "why rabbits" nonsense

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Urgh, what is it with people and rabbits?! There's one lady in my department who's mad for dogs, no one bats an eyelid. In today's department meeting, it was decided by all assembled that one of them should break into my home and liberate my 'poor smothered' rabbit :roll: And they were all sympathising with my poor poor OH for having to put up with me, then my mate chipped in "no, her OH is exactly the same, Beau's like their child, it's quite disturbing". And that was deemed completely unacceptable, and surely there should be a word for that, as it's like paedophilia but for rabbits?! :roll::evil::shock::evil:

:shock: Thats horrible!
I hate how people just completely think they are some stupid animal who only like food.

Oh I know I get this kind of rubbish all the time from my colleagues, they are just pathetic really :roll:

Because people see rabbits as boring animals that live in a hutch at the bottom of the garden and do nothing. :roll: :?

If people could realise just how full of character rabbits are when they are cared for properly and given space to express themselves and be real bunnies I think they would change their minds.

My beloved is fascinated by Jack. He watches Jack bouncing around and binkying, zooming from one room to another like a total maniac and following me everywhere then flopping contentedly beside his 'mummeh' rolling on his back with all his legs in the air and comments all the time that he 'never expected a rabbit to be like this!' :love:

Although I've been on here ages and researched tons before we adopted Jack I was amazed at just how full of personality Jack is! He surprised me no end and I *know* about rabbits, lol! :lol:

Their loss I say!! ;) xx

I'm going to sound harsh now, but does it matter?

People love dogs and they are accepted as family members. Does this stop the rescue centres being full of abandoned dogs? Does it stop the cruelty and the accidental neglect?

Don't tell people they're amazing, tell people they're expensive and hard work. Put them off. Sadly, it's better that way. :(

I apologise, I'm in an angry mood today, nothing personal is meant.

hmmm. in teaching, i think that could be classed as bullying! its certainly an unwarranted attack on your lifestyle, and a demonstration of prejudice against your choices. how does it fit with principles of secondary seal? and the well-being of staff? a quiet word with the person in charge is called for. if you're the person in charge, perhaps a firmer word!

Back