• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding time.... help not gone well :(

It hasnt gone well:( When i put Lyric in with Tiny she went straight over and started gromming him this went on for 15 mins so ithought all was going well but then when Lyric moved Tiny lunged at her and they were fighting,I got them to stop but its happened 4 times and 3 times Tiny was actually hanging on to Lyric when i picked her up to seperate them:(,and she was hanging of my jeans,Im so upset :(ive seperated them now,but i dont know what im going to do:(

Trouble is once they've a had a fight you need to leave them for a few days to forget about it. The key is to distract them before it turns into a fight.

I dont know?

Oh. I just wondered if it was in last 6 weeks or anything & he was still a bit hormonal.

I've had initial bad reactions when bonding too - with buns who had previously been long-term single or used for breeding. I tried again a few months later (in my case when I knew more!) & it was love at second sight:roll::lol:

Oh. I just wondered if it was in last 6 weeks or anything & he was still a bit hormonal.

I've had initial bad reactions when bonding too - with buns who had previously been long-term single or used for breeding. I tried again a few months later (in my case when I knew more!) & it was love at second sight:roll::lol:

Will text his previous owner and ask,The other problem i have with him is weeing on the carpet his pen is on hes completely runied it Neil is going to kill me:(

Will text his previous owner and ask,The other problem i have with him is weeing on the carpet his pen is on hes completely runied it Neil is going to kill me:(

That could be hormones, cos he's new to your house or cos he's a mucky bun:lol:

i think Alvin's first bond failed because he was still too hormonal. i think the bond with Pearl was 3 months or so after he was done and even Lou commented on how different he was 2nd time around.

sorry it hasnt worked :cry: maybe he does need a little longer for the hormones to settle.

hope they are both ok xxx

Sorry it hasnt gone well :( Dont give up hope, i tried with Ronnie and Lolly many times before they came together. I think as theyre both big buns, its best you get someone to help you, or maybe you could ask Jill to do it for you at hers, and give a donation to Honeybunnies? It will be much less stressful, and with them both being in a totally new environment it should help them come together.

Poor Lyric :( xxx

Tiny just starts attacking Lyric it doesnt start as anything but a fight:(

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. :( I hope it goes better when you give it another go.

I am wondering if all the bunnies had been thrown in together before they were collected he may have had to defend himself so now he sees other buns a s a threat :?

I have spoken to Marie and said what Liz has said above about them all being thrown in together

Lyric and Tiny will be coming her in about 3-4 weeks for me to bond..until then Marie is going to keep them completely apart

As Jill said they will go to her in a few weeks,i rang her after i posted this,because to be honest i didnt want to try them again myself:( I honestly thought Lyric would be the problem but it was Tiny being a ****** id definatly say hes defensive he just jumped on Lyric before she had chance to do anything,so i think hes been attacked in the past,Lyric is still very stressed bless her

Back