• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on Snowy!

cally73

Young Bun
Well after a visit to the vets today he confirmed that she is pregnant and apologised for their mistake! He thinks she is about two weeks and he could feel 3 babies. So I now need to prepare. Hot water and clean towels:D Only joking any advice would be brill. I have heard that often they can kill their first litter is this true and is there anything I can do to prepare for it? How soon do they need to be seperated from mum before they too can breed? She is indoors at present in a 4ft x 2 ft indoor cage. She has hay for a bed but should I change it to hay for softness? Will she need more food etc. I would be so grateful for any advice. Thanks:?

Ive not much advice, but yes they can kill their first litter :( My foster bun, Dixie, came in pregnant and had her litter here with me. She looked after them well for the first 2 days, but then on the 4th day, she killed them :cry: She dug all hay over the nest and suffocated the babies. Theres nothing you can do to stop it, you just need to let nature takes its course and see what happens. If you search for babies, a few members with foster bunnies have had litters recently, maybe you could PM them for advice?

She will need plenty of soft fresh hay. She will also need a fair amount of food, more than you normally give. Is she used to greens/veg?

Bunnies will need to stay with mummy until theyre 8 weeks old, then they can be taken to the vet to be sexed and seperated into male/female groups

I hope bunny will be ok xXx

Back