• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi vaccination advice please

drboo

Mama Doe
My bunnies all used to have annual myxi vaccinations. However, since losing Fiver and Minnie in September (miss you babies :(), I now want to vaccinate every 6 months. However, I am aware that Myxi is supposed to have 2 "peak" periods, and I know one is in September. Libby's 6 months is due, so would now be the best time to vaccinate? Is March and September a good vaccination schedule for myxi? Or should I wait? If so, which is the best vaccination schedule? Sorry for all the questions, but last year left me both paranoid and petrified :( xxx

Hi :wave: The idea of there being two peaks is that the mozzies prefer the humid medium heat before and after summer, but not the heat of summer. However, with seasons being a bit screwed these days, mozzies are now around earlier and throughout the summer.
Having said that, march and september are ideal vaccination months as you cover the beginning right through summer, and then boost it for the september heat decrease when mozzies may rise again. so if that works for you i'd go with that.

Back