• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sugar shaking her head...UPDATE

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
several times in space of a few minutes? I've looked in her ears & can't see anything really obvious. Her balance seems ok.

Does this merit a vets visit? She's behaving normally bar this. Anything else I should look for?

Last edited:
I'd suggest a vets visit too, could be a fleck of hay or grass, or dust down the ear canal thats causing an irritation, or mites/teeth etc. Probably worth a check over for peace of mind.

Sugar had a piece of hay wedged deep down i her ear (I couldn't see it :oops:)

Vet managed to get it out, but says there seems to be a faint scratch. She's had baytril & metacam, but hopefully just as a precaution.:D

Sugar had a piece of hay wedged deep down i her ear (I couldn't see it :oops:)

Vet managed to get it out, but says there seems to be a faint scratch. She's had baytril & metacam, but hopefully just as a precaution.:D

See this Hay! First Jane with her boob now Sugar with her ear! Hay should come with a warning!

Glad she's ok and it wasn't anything serious x

Back