• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeding question

Rosiesmummy

Warren Scout
Hi i,m just wondering how much dry mix i should be feeding Rosie daily? (10 week old french lop) i,ve been filling her bowl which is quite deep (a pot one) daily plus she has her veggies at tea time and a suply of hay at all times but i,m sure i read somewhere about some one measuring food with an egg cup :? i,d hate for her to get fat through my fault or even be hungry if not getting enough... :)

That's right, it's supposed to be about an eggcup full. Pellets will fill her up, which will stop her eating her hay. It's important that at least 80% of her diet is fresh hay, as it's full of fibre which is great for her tum, and it's keep her teeth in shape too. I'd reduce her ration slowly to allow her to adjust.

Is there any chance you could get her a friend, once she's spayed? Buns are social animals who naturally live in big groups, and they tend to get lonely without a friend to 'talk' to, groom, snuggle and play with. A husbun would give her something else to think about beside food too. :D

I would also recommend slowley weening her off the dry mix and introducing a pellet food, the mixed foods are not very good for buns.

thanks :) yeah i bought pellet food when we got her so i am slowly adding more each day to the food we got from the lady we got her from

Back