• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone's buns have too much pride for their own good?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ruby found a little hidey place between the cushions of the sofa. She obviously thought it was incredibly top secret and that no-one would find her there in a million years, so she flattened her little ears and poked her eyes out over the top and watched me walk around the room, thinking I hadn't seen her there. I decided to get the pellets out and had a few in my hand. They ALWAYS react to the sound of the bag when I rustle it and I could see her little eyes light up, but she really didn't want to expose her hidey hole and so stayed put. I put my hand with a couple of pellets on it, right up to the entrance of the hole and all was still for a few seconds. Then a little paw came out, knocked my hand to the side, making the pellets fall into the entrance of the hole, and they were mysteriously nibbled straight away!

She couldn't resist!

Anybody else's buns suffer from immense pride in their little achievements and hate to be found out!?

I'm afraid to say that my lop eared Flopsy isn't so discreet... whenever he's in the house he has to follow me around and if I run down the hall or across the lounge, he thinks it's a game and chases after me. He's very nosey and so wouldn't dare hide away and miss anything! If you pick anything up, he has to see what it is, if you bend down to do anything, he gets in the way because he wants to be involved etc... hence he's not a house bunny!!!! He lives outdoors but comes in a lot as he seems happier inside than in his run.

Your little cutie sounds very smart, :love: I'd love to go and meet everyone's buns, it'd be nice to meet other personalities and rabbit characters, but none of my friends have rabbits! :(

that is soooooo cute:lol: don't let her know you've blabbed her secret on the inter-web:shock:

eric likes to 'hide' and i oblige by walking around the room saying 'where's eric? peep-o' - he can't contain his excitement when he bounds out and 'surprises' me:lol: esme does it too but she's craftier (cleverer!) than eric and sometimes i really can't find her!

(oh dear, now i sound like a complete fruit-cake:oops:)

that is soooooo cute:lol: don't let her know you've blabbed her secret on the inter-web:shock:

eric likes to 'hide' and i oblige by walking around the room saying 'where's eric? peep-o' - he can't contain his excitement when he bounds out and 'surprises' me:lol: esme does it too but she's craftier (cleverer!) than eric and sometimes i really can't find her!

(oh dear, now i sound like a complete fruit-cake:oops:)

So cute!!!! :love::love::love:

I'm afraid to say that my lop eared Flopsy isn't so discreet... whenever he's in the house he has to follow me around and if I run down the hall or across the lounge, he thinks it's a game and chases after me. He's very nosey and so wouldn't dare hide away and miss anything! If you pick anything up, he has to see what it is, if you bend down to do anything, he gets in the way because he wants to be involved etc... hence he's not a house bunny!!!! He lives outdoors but comes in a lot as he seems happier inside than in his run.

Your little cutie sounds very smart, :love: I'd love to go and meet everyone's buns, it'd be nice to meet other personalities and rabbit characters, but none of my friends have rabbits! :(

I'd love a bun like Flopsy!!!! I want to be followed! Although the times they've followed me in the past I've always ended up tripping over them!

What a lovely thread!!
Only on RU can we talk about this sort of stuff and not get ribbed by it, but folk I know just cant see anything about rabbits.
Rabbits get a raw deal.:roll:

Yes. :evil: Jack and I had a massive falling out over something very similar this morning!

He squeezes under my chest of drawers of a morning, unless I get there first and block it. But he'll go for days not showing any interest in the dark, cramped space, lull me into a false sense of security and then squeeze under. Like this morning. And when under there he tears/scrabbles at the carpet or tries to climb up the back - making all sorts of alarming scratchy, scrabbly noises as he does so. NOTHING will tempt him out. He loves his breakfast and pellets, but a little nose will poke out and he'll hide again, determined not to come out because he is soooo clever, and as a big clumsy human I can't reach him.

So he heard some dreadful language this morning. :) He got called some colourful names (which the little wretch loves, he binkies the more I snarl at him and tell him off!) and I had to wrench the bottom drawer out, scoop him out, and THEN chase him around the room before locking him back in the dog crate with a breakfast he did not deserve...!

He does the same with the gap by the washing machine. :roll: He can fit down it, but cannot turn around, so he has to back out of it. But he acts like he is super-clever for being able to wriggle down there and nibble the lino.

Yes. :evil: Jack and I had a massive falling out over something very similar this morning!

He squeezes under my chest of drawers of a morning, unless I get there first and block it. But he'll go for days not showing any interest in the dark, cramped space, lull me into a false sense of security and then squeeze under. Like this morning. And when under there he tears/scrabbles at the carpet or tries to climb up the back - making all sorts of alarming scratchy, scrabbly noises as he does so. NOTHING will tempt him out. He loves his breakfast and pellets, but a little nose will poke out and he'll hide again, determined not to come out because he is soooo clever, and as a big clumsy human I can't reach him.

So he heard some dreadful language this morning. :) He got called some colourful names (which the little wretch loves, he binkies the more I snarl at him and tell him off!) and I had to wrench the bottom drawer out, scoop him out, and THEN chase him around the room before locking him back in the dog crate with a breakfast he did not deserve...!

He does the same with the gap by the washing machine. :roll: He can fit down it, but cannot turn around, so he has to back out of it. But he acts like he is super-clever for being able to wriggle down there and nibble the lino.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a lovely thread!!
Only on RU can we talk about this sort of stuff and not get ribbed by it, but folk I know just cant see anything about rabbits.
Rabbits get a raw deal.:roll:

Exactly! I'm pleased it's one of those threads! :wave:

Pie will be really aughty and do something or go somewhere she KNOWS she's not allowed to go and then, when I get to the point of shouting at her :)oops:)
She starts to follows me and whenever I turn around to shout "WHAT!?" she runs off binkying around the room.. :roll: Like its the best thing in the world when mummy get annoyed at you!
Then I'll chase her, stop, run away and she'll chase me back. When I turn back around and chase her again she will binky all the way. :roll::censored::love:

Back