• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re The Alan Titchmarsh Show-Have Your Say-*THIS IS A 1 Y AND 10M OLD THREAD!!*

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=218327

If you have concerns about the way Alan Titchmarsh roughly handled the Rabbit who would not 'Show Jump' please email ITV at

viewerservices@itv.com

Here is a copy of my email :

With reference to the 'show jumping' Rabbit. I am extremely concerned by the way Mr Titchmarsh handled the Belgian Hare (Rabbit) so roughly just because the Rabbit did not oblige by performing for the camera. What sort of message is Mr Titchmarsh's behaviour sending out to the general public, especially children.

Rabbits are the third most popular domestic pet but also the most misunderstood and all too often poorly treated.
Rabbit's are prey animals. Did no-one consider the amount of stress the poor animal must have endured being expected to 'perform' straight after a dog !! I am surprised some bright spark didn't have a dancing Fox on, just to make things a bit more lively.

Mr Titchmarsh lifted the Rabbit and threw him toward the 'show jump'. I am both furious and distressed that this was allowed to happen.

Rabbits deserve far better than the rough handling metred out by Mr Titchmarsh in the name of 'entertainment'. He should know better.

Last edited:
:thumb: Brilliant letter jane!

I was going to email showing my disapproval too! Thanks for the link! :)

Thanks Jane, ive emailed them. Ive also mentioned i dissagree with rabbit jumping too and dont think it should be shown on tv! :( xXx

Good thinking, I like your email Jane, I will send one later - which address is the best? I will also suggest that maybe they do an Easter themed programme highlighting the need to be responsible about these animals and with the animals welfare needs being pointed out - perhaps they can contact 'The Make Mine Chocolate campaign and do something?

I have a response....

"With reference to The Alan Titchmarsh show broadcast on 2/3/2010."

Thank you for your email, which has been forwarded to Channel Television as we deal with the show for transmission.

I would like to express my apologies, first of all, that you were offended by material in the above programme. We do consider content carefully for the slot but, obviously, for you on this occasion we got it wrong. It is never the intention of the production company or presenters to cause offence to the viewers, and I will certainly be forwarding your comments on for their consideration.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Best wishes,

Channel Television"

Is the address I used not OK then :?

Well i emailed that address you provided and got this response

"Dear Ms Maskell

Thank you for your recent email regarding The Alan Titchmarsh Show which has been forwarded to Channel Television.

Channel Television is the Channel 3 broadcast licensee appointed by ITV Network to be responsible for the compliance of this particular programme. Should you wish to contact them, you may do so by email at the following address:-

feedback@channeltvlondon.co.uk or by telephone on 0207 633 9902 during normal office hours.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers feedback.

Regards

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - KB"

Well i emailed that address you provided and got this response

"Dear Ms Maskell

Thank you for your recent email regarding The Alan Titchmarsh Show which has been forwarded to Channel Television.

Channel Television is the Channel 3 broadcast licensee appointed by ITV Network to be responsible for the compliance of this particular programme. Should you wish to contact them, you may do so by email at the following address:-

feedback@channeltvlondon.co.uk or by telephone on 0207 633 9902 during normal office hours.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers feedback.

Regards

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - KB"

Thanks Lara

I have received a reply too.
Surprise surprise it's exactly the same as the one they sent you !! :roll:

Have only just seen the clip. :evil: Well that poor Hare! It obviously was pretty scared and confused. Dont like it. Not amused.

I have sent mine and will not be amused with a standard computer generated response. Bloody cheek:evil:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my concern about the Alan Titchmarsh show which featured 'show jumping rabbits' and had a guest bring her 'belgium hare' to demonstrate.

The whole thing was very poorly thought through and consequentially the hare didn't perform due to stress and fear, this was then ignored by the presenter 'Alan Titchmarsh' and he proceeded to actually make matters worse by attempting to make her jump and then he broke the jump that was in front of the hare. This would have been a stressful experience for the hare and I just wanted to point out that there is currently a massive problem with rabbits and the welfare of this animal which a lot of people myself included are very sensitive about.

There are several celebrities supporting a campaign called 'Make Mine Chocolate' http://makeminechocolate.co.uk/ which actually is promoting chocolate for Easter rather than a rabbit as a gift and it also aims to educate people about what great pets rabbits are but, not to underestimate the commitment. They are not 'just a rabbit' they are a living creature that should be respected accordingly when adopted as a pet. The housing provided should be large enough and the animal should be able to exercise etc as the mis-conception in this country is that it is acceptable to get one and just stick it in a tiny hutch and leave it alone most of the time. They are also considered 'disposable' pets and often dumped or abonded and the rescues are overun because people house a male and female together and end up with kits that they are unable to accomodate or they leave them in cramped squalid conditions and so the problem multiplies. Some cull them, others dump them.

It is incredibly sad as rabbits are in fact very responsive and intelligent pets and well looked after can live to 8-12 years of age, they are also capable of affection and they do react as any other pet like a cat or dog will if enough time is invested in terms of interaction. Please consider contacting one of the celebrities supporting this campaign (on the website provided) and consider a small feature to promote the welfare of the animal rather than focussing on what they can do to entertain people. It really would be a wonderful and responsible thing to do.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards

This was the reply i got

Thank you for your email on The Alan Titchmarsh Show.

We do consider content carefully for the slot and ensure that it complies with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code. It is never the intention to offend viewers but obviously, for you, on this occasion we got it wrong.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback -- I will certainly pass it on to the production team.

Best wishes,

Channel Television

If you get the standard reply, email them back again.
It worked for the tiny hutch. That was delisted. Don't underestimate the power of RU!

Back