• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby's kinky ear

Candiflare

Mama Doe
You might remember "eargate" a month ago when Ralph attacked Ruby out of referred aggression and tore her ear?

Well... the vet stitched it up, but it seems to have not worked. She's still got a tear and it keeps getting caught everytime she scratches her ear with her back foot and whenever I stroke her I can feel the little tear being pulled back.

It also doesn't seem right for such a little girl - she's so pretty and when you look at her she has this mangled ear and I think she's so young, she hasn't been in any fights, why does she have to look like this?

Should I get them to stitch it again?

I doubt they can stitch it if its healed, though i may be wrong. Dougal, my foster bun has a tear in his ear too :( xXx

Oh I didn't know that you couldn't stitch once something is healed? :( Maybe I need the vet to cut a little bit of then, because it keeps catching on things...

Back