• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pyeman's X-ray

Jenefina

Mama Doe
Pye was ill again last night and this time it was so much worse than normal. During a normal 'episode' I can normally catch him really quickly when he's hunching or tummy pressing and get the maxalon and metacam in him and within two hours or so he's tearing round the room eating everything in sight.

Last night tho he just wouldn't improve. I gave him the meds as above and the every two hours I was giving him gripe water and cooled boiled water mixed with pineapple juice.

Raced him to the vets this morning and we decided to do an x-ray to see if there was anything that could point to why he was getting these attacks so often but when the vet looked at the xray, instead of seeing loads of gas there was just a tiny bit but also a lot of food just sat there and in the small intestine.....

I am now trying to write a letter to FHB to accompany the x-rays for a referral but does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

The vet had to give him extra sedation to get him to lie still for the x-ray and my poor baby is now sat in his hucth looking like he's raided a brewery :( On the plus side he's just had a big drink (altho its all over his chin as he rested his head on the edge of the bowl) and he's also nommed a bit of hay. Poor Pud has been locked out of the hutch and she's not a happy bun (she's had a couple of sneaky extra treats tho while he was at the vets).

I love this little man so much and its his 3rd birthday next Saturday, I just want him to have a happy pain free life.....

hope you get some answers from the other vet.. ive not pushed xrays with Alvin because im so used to being told "prone" ive talked myself out of further investigations and when he does recover its like it never happened, i struggle to believe something worse is going on than just having a sensitive tummy..

I just had to know, after last night being so much worse than normal I panicked thinking it could be all sorts of things but now I'mm really confused. Me and the vet always thought it was gas every time but looking at all the food just sat in his tum today I just don't know what to think....

Really glad Alvin is back to his haughty self btw. They so love to worry us sick... I've spent all of the night and today in floods of tears thinking o was gonna lose him. He's still not right but until he comes round from the sedation I can't tell whats happening properly. I think I managed about two hours broken sleep last night and it looks like its gonna be another long one again.....

Back