• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6ft run

weeble

I have found someone locally who will build me a 6x6 run for a reasonable price. I am wondering what to do with regards to the lid. My current run is a happy hutch one and hinges in the middle and lifts off if required.

I am thinking a 6ft lid will be too big for little me to lift. Has anyoneelse had this problem and how have you got round it please?

I am usinf one of my old 6x6 runs as a veg cage, i have the lid hinged four 3 times, so hinged at one side then another hinge at 1.5ft another at 1.5 and another at 1.5 so it sort of concertinas open and closed.

Does that make sense?

I have a run made out of aviary style panels, on the roof I have one 6ft x 3ft panel that is screwed down to hold the whole thing together and a second one that is hinged to the frame. The hinged one is held in place with some breton bolts so it's secure. It's not that hard to lift though. On the side of the run I had one half of one panel free of mesh and a 3ft x 3ft door fixed in it's place simply with a hinge and held in place with more bolts. 3ft x 3ft is big enough for me to crawl in and if I need to stand up inside I can lift the hinged roof panel :)

This isn't the best picture but you might be able to see it. The first set of hinges are attached to the frame and lid, the second set are on the top, the third on the underside and the last on the top.

01031011.jpg

:wave: I have a 5 x 5 one on the front of their run. I will send you some photos by email - it is a tri-fold one.

Back