• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did she really know what was going to happen?

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Not that I'm doubting that bunnies aren't clever or capable of rational forward thinking....but.... I noticed there was something "not right" with Maddie yesterday evening - you know that look they get?

She started avoiding me too and normally she loves her nose rubs and any attention anyone is willing to give her, but was hiding under the kitchen table where she knows I can't reach her - strange I thought. Sure enough, she wouldn't eat her veg, lying awkwardly, loud gurgly tummy etc, just a little while later on.

Now, do you think she knew that as soon as I were to spot this problem, she'd get prodded, and poked with meds, so decided to hide away to avoid getting noticed or picked up? Or not??

PS She is fine again - just took a dose of gripe water and tlc - but getting vet check later on anyway.

i think as prey animals when poolry they withdraw themselves so they dont become easy targets.. good for bunny moms to spot when they aint right :love::love:

I don't think she was necessarily clever enough to hide in order to avoid you prodding/poking/giving meds but I do believe that's instinctive for them to find somewhere safe to go when they're feeling poorly and Maddie's safe place is obviously under the table.

I'm glad she seems to be ok now. :love::love:

Back