• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem - Max and Bootz

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I have had to have a shift about of bunnies and keep my fingers crossed that everyone will be ok.
After Molly died I put Stitch with Jasmine as Dash and Scooter were picking on her ( i was hoping they would calm down, been at it for months but they haven't).
With Winter being so very very cold Bootz has gone downhill with her snuffles and weight, her weight has been gradually dropping since December and other than her snuffles theres nothing wrong with her and we are putting it down to the very very cold weather. With molly being so unwell and me only having space in the house for one pair of buns i have had to try and keep bootz as warm as possible in the shed. Well by last weekend bootz was really really weezy so i made the decision to put Stitch outside and bring Bootz and Maz in the house.
Now Stitch is fine, the shed is 3-4 degrees warmer than outside and my spare room gets ice on the inside of the windows so there isn't that much of a temp difference, even so we're keeping an eye on him.
Bootz is far less weezy but we have noticed that Max will not leave her alone! He is always humping her and biting her back, when Max used to do this Bootz would give him a nip and he'd stop but she's not trying to stop him, she's just giving in but getting stressed about it, wehn he does it her weezing gets much much worse.

Apart from splitting them up what can i do? Bootz is obviously not telling Max off because she doesn't have the energy to do so, and Max isn't stopping because he's not being told to stop by Bootz, anyone any ideas?

TBH I dont think there is an alternative to splitting them up :cry:

Bootz must be feeling pretty stressed all the time which wont help her snuffles at all. Personally I'd seperate them but keep them in sight of each other.

TBH I dont think there is an alternative to splitting them up :cry:

Bootz must be feeling pretty stressed all the time which wont help her snuffles at all. Personally I'd seperate them but keep them in sight of each other.

Thanks Jane i figured this was my only option :(

i think i would do the same ...snuffles can be brought on or worsened by stress ... :(

Thanks Angie, Bootz has had snuffles since i got her and we've always been able to manage it wuite well but Max is just making it worse :( Poor Max and Bootz, their so good together normally.

Back