• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches... just a wonderment.....

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I have been browsing over hutches as my outdoor bun at my mums house REALLY needs a new one, its taken a battering this winter, thankfully, its only the outside that is awful but my mum got it WITH her rabbit so that is 6 years and its handmade. For some off reason, mum has nicked my hutch for harry which I am NOT happy about :?

Anyways....

I was looking on ebay and I was wondering, why do adverts on there say "suitable for 2 giant rabbits......." when not even suitable for one? I find it baffling....

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Guinea...es_Poultry?hash=item3efd735e8a#ht_4431wt_1165

My mind just doesnt understand!!!

I quite like these coopy type things.... but for my chickens! I don't think the little indoor bit would be big enough for bunnies. Small ones maybe yes, but not my great fat Thistle. He'd probably fall through the floor! :lol:

I wish sellers would stop putting their own 'this size suitable for blahdy wotsits etc etc' qoutes on their listings. It just wrongly informs people who don't know any better that the hutch is suitable. :evil:

I quite like these coopy type things.... but for my chickens! I don't think the little indoor bit would be big enough for bunnies. Small ones maybe yes, but not my great fat Thistle. He'd probably fall through the floor! :lol:

I wish sellers would stop putting their own 'this size suitable for blahdy wotsits etc etc' qoutes on their listings. It just wrongly informs people who don't know any better that the hutch is suitable. :evil:

Yeah, I think it gives them an impression that it is bigger than it is.

On the good side, I have just found a seller that does 6 x 2 x 2 hutches near my mums house, woo hoo, well made too. :)

Exactly - how are you supposed to tell from a photo? And being such a big item, it's not like you're going to want to pay to send it back either.

I just hate that people make up and use their own guidelines. I think it should be law to write the RWA size guidelines on every rabbit hutch listing, even if they are smaller. At least then some people might use their brain and look for something more appropriate.

I wish there was somewhere near me that sold decent sized hutches! I broke Marge and Barley's hutch the other day. It's a P@H Thistle Hall hutch and it weighs a ton, I tried to move it on my own and it went out of shape and the floor has popped out of the frame in one corner. There's currently a stack of bricks under it. :oops:

Exactly - how are you supposed to tell from a photo? And being such a big item, it's not like you're going to want to pay to send it back either.

I just hate that people make up and use their own guidelines. I think it should be law to write the RWA size guidelines on every rabbit hutch listing, even if they are smaller. At least then some people might use their brain and look for something more appropriate.

I wish there was somewhere near me that sold decent sized hutches! I broke Marge and Barley's hutch the other day. It's a P@H Thistle Hall hutch and it weighs a ton, I tried to move it on my own and it went out of shape and the floor has popped out of the frame in one corner. There's currently a stack of bricks under it. :oops:

Bad times :(

Back