• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC cubes in UK

Boots

Mama Doe
Hey everyone :wave:

Just thought I'd say to all UK users, that I have searched high and low for those cubes and have struggled to find them anywhere. I have tried B&Q, Homebase, Screwfix Direct, Argos and Wilkes, as well as a few privately owned little shops with no joy. (I have also searched their websites)

I have ended up ordering mine from eBay, and they should come in a few days. (Excited!)

I just wanted to post this so noone else wastes a weekend hiking around their locality like I did hehe :)

I got my cubes from e bay for my guinea pigs. They are ace.
When your cubes arrive, and you come to put it together, can i suggest that you use cable ties to hold it all together instead of the clips ?:) The clips that you get with it, to fix it all together are a a right old pain in the :censored:, and if you ever need to move it for any reason it can come unfastened which is a nightmare. good luck with the construction :D

Ah thankyou, that's good to know! Yeah I think it will get moved a fair bit with cleaning and stuff so I will definately use cable ties. Do your guinea pigs chew them? I'm going to post pictures when I start :D
do you have any pictures of their home? If you don't mind posting them :)

no my guinepigs don`t chew the cable ties.
i do have lots of pictures of my cage, but im not sure how to post them on this site. there is an American web site that you could vist that has loads of pictures for you to look at. it`s called guineapigcages.com.they have loads of pictures to look at, and it`s where i got the idea for my cage from, my guineapigs love their cage.it is 4ft by 2ft with an upstairs. there is also a section on the site where people have posted pictures of cages that they made for their rabbits.:D

Noo, *covers ears* dont tell me that! Hehe these cubes best be worth it, they have been lost in the post and need to be resent!
Thanks pennypoos, iv had a look and they're awesome! :D

I used my Costco Seville cubes for the first time the other day. I'm trying to re-bond two rabbits. I had them in the cubes and used velcro ties to put an extra 'wall' between them. I am really glad I got them - they can't chew them like they do the wooden run, they go together really easily, they are so light and easy to move.

Downsides are that I have already broken one plastic fixing and that I now want to buy loads more and build a castle. Very impressed with them.

Costco is a trade warehouse where you can buy everything in bulk (amazing for food and baby stuff) but you need to be a member. (You can borrow someone elses card if you look like them, or go along on a trip together)

wow a castle?? that sounds amazing. My OH is slightly doubtful as to how my 'project' is going to turn out! Have you added levels?
That's a good idea to keep them in one NIC castle and have a wall seperating them, then they will get used to each others smells and behaviour.
Good luck with the bonding, let us know how it goes :)

Becky86 you may make me cry haha! My OH just laughed at me when I showed him that link, I spent HOURS on the net, and a whole weekend just visiting different shops... :lol:

Costco is a trade warehouse where you can buy everything in bulk (amazing for food and baby stuff) but you need to be a member. (You can borrow someone elses card if you look like them, or go along on a trip together)

wow a castle?? that sounds amazing. My OH is slightly doubtful as to how my 'project' is going to turn out! Have you added levels?
That's a good idea to keep them in one NIC castle and have a wall seperating them, then they will get used to each others smells and behaviour.
Good luck with the bonding, let us know how it goes :)

Becky86 you may make me cry haha! My OH just laughed at me when I showed him that link, I spent HOURS on the net, and a whole weekend just visiting different shops... :lol:

:lol: Sowwie :oops: Ive been thinking of getting some for a while, cant find them on B&Q mind you :? Would get 20% off from there :lol: I know they used to sell them :?

:wave: Your not far from us by the looks of it! Look foward to your piccies!

:oops: i'll try the pics again in a mo!

Yes I know! I have been looking at your buns on rabbitrehome!
Let me know if you get a young female lop :love:

Last edited:
I would love to build a huge cube castle for them but I suspect OH will not be too impressed. I will buy at least another set of cubes though as they are actually much better than I thought they would be. I kind of imagined they would be quite flimsy, but they are really sturdy and secure.

I think with a bit of planning and some plywood, you could actually build a two storey indoor pen with them. Ours are dwarf netherlands so are quite small and light, they can't move the pen at all, but I guess bigger rabbits could nudge it around. I think they are a good, flexible alternative to buying a dog crate or small pen.

I found the same ones on Amazon for £21.73 (with postage), saving!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001PHOB7A/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1268131501&sr=1-1&condition=new

I wonder how many I need to build a condo though? ;)

I have bought two packs to begin with, I agree with Pennypoos that you can always expand :D

my cubes still haven't arrived, I ordered them from eBay and they've been 'lost' but are sending some more out tomorrow. Amazon might be more reliable!

I may try there you know, thanks Debster:)

my cubes STILL haven't arrived, three weeks later:shock:
my poor bunneh just wants his nice big enclosure built!:(

Someone else has probably already said this but B+Q seem to have them to order online.

(couldn't get alink to work but if you go on the B+Q website and search for 'storage cube' they come up)

I think I will be investing in some of these soon as I'm intending to rescue a pair of bunnies, hopefully housebuns! Our kitchen should be fairly easy to bunnyproof as most of our appliances are fitted with no way of even a little bun finding a way behind them... I hope! So I'm thinking this will be their base and then they can play in some of the other rooms under supervision, these look ideal for sectioning off areas. :)

Back