• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any good 'mush' recipes?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
For dental buns? Ginger's not eating anything solid, even cucumber, but he's yumming his recovery. I don't like to keep giving it to him though as it actually upsets his tum. Have you guys got any tried and tested recipes for vegetable mush (using uncooked veg of course!)? Unfortunately they can't stomach porridge, wheat products or pellets so it can't contain any of those things. Does anyone have any experience of liquidizing raw carrot? Does it work?

You could always grate the carrot finely? Same with apple :) Though apple and carrot would liquidise i should think, i mush it up in the blender when i make the bunny biscuits.

How about banana? Thats nice and soft?

You could add some cool boiled wtaer to mush the pellets up xxx

I make a mush for my dental bunny.
i use carrot, tomoato(makes it mushier!), herbs and small bit of broccoli and cauli and put them all in a blender. He adores it and can't get enough! the carrot and tomato seem to make a good mushy base so then you could just add their fav veggies.
i bought one of those little blenders/mini choppers from asda thats for making baby food so you don't have to make huge amounts. You can also get them from currys, they are made by kenwood and was £20.

• Soggy pellets.
  • Porridge made with water, apple, banana and blended.
  • Smoothie made with kale, apple and beans (and a bit of water).
  • If they have back teeth: grated carrot, tiny chopped apple, cauliflower, broccoli, like pieces less than half a centimetre big. Tiny.
  • Stay away from celery, too stringy.

Thanks for the tips peeps!

Well, I've just spent the last hour and a half making rabbit mush. It took 10 minutes to chop half a carrot, a chunk of cucumber, 4 chicory leaves and a few leaves of basil, and turn them to smoothie with my baby Kenwood blender.

It took a further 1 hour and 25 minutes trying the return it to it's smoothie state after I thought I'd be clever, and added a few dried dandilions. It doesn't matter how mushy it looks, it WILL NOT go through that bloody syringe! I tried Ginger with it in a bowl and he looked at me like, 'Ha ha, very funny - now where's my recovery?!'

Why do I bother... :roll:

Lol, sounds familiar. :lol:

I know fruit isn't nearly as healthy as vegetables but it blends a lot smoother and goes through a syringe a lot easier as it doesn't tend to be as stringy. Add porridge if your bun needs to put on weight.

I still find the best thing is mixing water into pellets (excel as they are small and bunny mouth sized) and just letting them swell up. Mine eat this from a bowl with no problems. Grim has no front teeth but eats solid excel pellets without a problem too. Good luck. :)

Back