• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maggie needs serious vibes. U/D Sad news

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Maggie has not been well since January.
She had suspected peritonitis/hepatic coccidiosis and has been on Septrin since the 7th of January.

She has had two lots of blood tests and x-rays during this time.

However, she has lost a quarter of her body weight in this time, and is not maintaining it at all.
She is nothing but skin and bone, and her neck is like a chickens.

She has been given a very guarded prognosis, and my vet finds it unlikely she will survive as she is not responding to treatment.

She may undergo a explorative laparotomy tomorrow to see what can be found, but if it is that bad, she will not be woken up.

She is still very lively and active in herself.
She has a bonded partner, Pablo. They are inseperable and are never far apart. If she passes, it will really take its toll on him :(

Though she is a grumpy, nippy madam, she is still a sweet girl who has touched my heart.

LottiePoppy-MaggiePablo019.jpg

065-2.jpg

Last edited:
What a gorgeous rabbit. Ginger and Pickles both had coccidiosis - twice!! They made it through although Ginger doesn't absorb food properly any more, so he'll always be scarily underweight now. Loads and loads of vibes for Maggie bun.

Unfortunately, an ultrasound shows it is peritonitis, but she is just not responding to the medication.

Both days she's been kept in at the vets, they weighed her and found she is losing weight daily.

Maggie will be coming home tomorrow, and will spend her last few days in the sun all day, freeranging in the garden with her partner.

She will be put to sleep on Tuesday evening as she is just wasting away before everyone's eyes.

If anyone has a doe needing a friend, please bear Pablo in mind, as I know how hard he is going to take this :cry:

Oh no, that's so, so sad :cry::cry: Poor Maggie.

Send lots of hugs and nose rubs to you, Maggie and Pablo xxx

Awe poor little girl :( sending lots of nose rubs and hope the weather stays bright and sunny so they can enjoy their last few days together :cry:

Unfortunately, an ultrasound shows it is peritonitis, but she is just not responding to the medication.

Both days she's been kept in at the vets, they weighed her and found she is losing weight daily.

Maggie will be coming home tomorrow, and will spend her last few days in the sun all day, freeranging in the garden with her partner.

She will be put to sleep on Tuesday evening as she is just wasting away before everyone's eyes.

If anyone has a doe needing a friend, please bear Pablo in mind, as I know how hard he is going to take this :cry:

OMG poor Maggie :cry::cry:

I really feel for Pablo losing his wifey :cry: I hope he finds his forever home soon with a nice wifey.

:cry:

Poor Maggie, atleast she wont be in any more pain
Poor pablo :(
I hope someone can give him a quick home, he is going to be soo heartbroken :cry:

My thoughts are with you, pablo and maggie xx

Poor Maggie. :(
Im sure it will be for the best though.
Big kisses to her and lots of hugs for Pablo. x

I'm so sorry Kris. Poor Maggie :cry::cry:

Sending her millions of vibes for a wonderful last few days of sunshine and happiness, and a peacful passing on Tuesday.

I hope Pablo will be ok and someone will offer him a fantastic forever home.

Back