• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mystery blood?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Sooty and oreo have been free-ranging tonight I came down for dinner about an hour ago and went to check on them and there is blood splattered all up the door - absolutely covered and quite high there are also a few puddles on the floor? :?

Ive checked both bunnies and theres not a speck on them?? Considering they are both white :?

where could it have come from - def from a bunny as it wasnt there when I let them out!

Could it be a ripped claw? Would that cause so much blood? that is the only thing I can think off - they both seem ok and eating

Sooty and oreo have been free-ranging tonight I came down for dinner about an hour ago and went to check on them and there is blood splattered all up the door - absolutely covered and quite high there are also a few puddles on the floor? :?

Ive checked both bunnies and theres not a speck on them?? Considering they are both white :?

where could it have come from - def from a bunny as it wasnt there when I let them out!

Could it be a ripped claw? Would that cause so much blood? that is the only thing I can think off - they both seem ok and eating

Are you sure its not wee, one of them may have been spraying.

Liz - wouldnt they have blood on their fur though? - or would it go with them licking it - Ive been watching them for a while to get a clue and both keep licking their feet so I cant even see which one it could be??

Jane - Im not sure - but it is certainly 'blood' red and has just taken me ages with Vanish to get it out of the carpet :?

Not necessarily, I've had it happen before and thought one of my buns had been savaged while my back was turned but when checked over they didn't have a drop on them. Wasn't until I checked every foot I found a nail missing.

If I can't decide between blood and wee I dab it with a piece of kitchen roll, you can always tell the difference on the roll :)

I know :shock: Sooty has had red wee before but I think this was deffo blood :cry:

I did the kitchen roll trick and that confirmed it!

Never fails :) I would check each of their feet to see if one has lost a nail, there is the small chance of infection and it may need gentle bathing

Back