• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues! What are your accomodation requirements and measurements?!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I'm sorry this might seem like an almighty fag to have to reply to this,butI'm about to employ a local carpenter to create my design for a bunny emporium in the back garden and would like to know what the average minimum space requirements are for a bun I would like to adopt as Buzz's girlfriend to live in there with him. I don't want to sign the cheque and then to have got the measurements wrong!

Also if I was considering bonding all four of my buns in the future, I would want to make it large enough for them all to live in there together someday.

I know all rescues are different but wondered if you could let me know the average requirements first for 2 medium sized buns, and then 4 medium sized buns.

Thanks

2 buns = 6ft by 2ft by 2ft hutch + a 6ft run for most recues
4 buns = 6ft by 4ft shed/playhouse + 6ft run again for most rescues

obviously those are minimums and anything extra you can give them, especially run wise is a bonus.

4 buns = 6ft by 4ft shed + 6ft run again for most rescues

obviously those are minimums and anything extra you can give them, especially run wise is a bonus.

For ARC I'd agree with the above.

4 buns = 6ft by 4ft shed/playhouse + 6ft run again for most rescues

Thanks!

Sorry to be daft... do you mean a 6ft by 6ft run?

Also if you can give me any help with what type of wood I should ask the carpenter to use? I want HEAVY wood so that foxes cannot get in.

Our minimum requirements for a pair is 6x2x2 with a 6x4 run :) Obviously the bigger the better, especially the run :)

I agree about needing a shed for 4 buns :)

As for the wood, for a hutch tongue and groove is probably the best. Ask the person whos making it to use proper 1x 1/2 inch weld mesh and good bolts :) xXx

I'd say make it as large as you can afford, but the minimum for 4 buns in my opinion would be 12x6ft

:wave: Ive just had a quote from a local man who is making mine - he is doing a 6ft 6' x 4 shed with cupboard compartment for hay and food etc which also acts as a ledge for them to sit on..

Then a 6 x 6 attached aviary run which is 5ft tall (as I wanted it tall enough so i could sit in with them) this also has a door.

He is making it for 2 pairs but could also use for 4 if i decide to bond as a group..

I think he has enjoyed designing it :lol::lol: got different levels and all sorts - hes quoted me £418 just to give you a guide.

There is someone on ebay selling a similar kennel and run to the link you have posted selling for £290.. it is 10 x 4 x 5 - I nearly had that but didnt think it was quite big enough for 4.

Hth xx

:wave: Ive just had a quote from a local man who is making mine - he is doing a 6ft 6' x 4 shed with cupboard compartment for hay and food etc which also acts as a ledge for them to sit on..

Then a 6 x 6 attached aviary run which is 5ft tall (as I wanted it tall enough so i could sit in with them) this also has a door.

He is making it for 2 pairs but could also use for 4 if i decide to bond as a group..

I think he has enjoyed designing it :lol::lol: got different levels and all sorts - hes quoted me £418 just to give you a guide.

There is someone on ebay selling a similar kennel and run to the link you have posted selling for £290.. it is 10 x 4 x 5 - I nearly had that but didnt think it was quite big enough for 4.

Hth xx

So are you hoping to bond your four Kath? That'd be great!

So are you hoping to bond your four Kath? That'd be great!

Yes im soooo hoping to bond the 4 (well Im not - Kris at Starlights where im getting Mittens has offered :D) - Im so scared as I dont want to break Sooty and Oreos bond but they would have so much more space and life would be alot easier if they were a 4!!

They could also free-range all at once etc..

Im just worried about Oreo and Charlie getting along :? but think its worth a go and if it doesnt work then at least i can say I tried..
Worst case scenario I end up with 4 singles - I have room for them all 2 inside and 2 outside and Im sure it wont come to that - I will be pleased with 2 pairs too - so watch this space :D

Yes im soooo hoping to bond the 4 (well Im not - Kris at Starlights where im getting Mittens has offered :D) - Im so scared as I dont want to break Sooty and Oreos bond but they would have so much more space and life would be alot easier if they were a 4!!

They could also free-range all at once etc..

Im just worried about Oreo and Charlie getting along :? but think its worth a go and if it doesnt work then at least i can say I tried..
Worst case scenario I end up with 4 singles - I have room for them all 2 inside and 2 outside and Im sure it wont come to that - I will be pleased with 2 pairs too - so watch this space :D

Cool! I want to bond my 3 with a rescue too and again I'm worried about Ralph and Buzz! Same situ as you, Ralph attacked Buzz last time they got together :(
Will deffo be watching this space!!!

:thumb: I will prob be on here fretting soon :lol:

Mittens is getting spayed Wednesday then it will all be happening a few weeks after that!!

edited to say hopefully charlie and oreo have forgetton their spat (and your 2!)and I dont think i really helped so hopefully will go better with kris doing it..

Back