• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tess-U/D 5th March 0820hrs Post 153

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Tess has acute bloat :cry: The second episode in 2 weeks :cry:
She is extremely sick :cry:

*NB 'YES' a Vet has been consulted, I have NOT just administered POMs myself *............................

If 'concerned parties' want verification, contact details of the Vet are in my signature.

Last edited:
Loads of vibes for Tess. I really hope she makes it.

Sorry you feel you have to justify her treatment - hope someone hasn't upset you Jane :(

Awe come on Tess your mummy doesnt need this right now! If she made it through one episode she can make it through another!! Lots of vibes coming her way.

Think you should name and shame the 'concerned parties' so we can use lots of rolling eye smilies :roll::lol:!!

Can't believe I had just read you say you have consulted a vet, when to me you know far more than most average practise vet. If you are admistering meds to YOUR bunny that is going to keep them well I can't really see anyone elses prob.

Lots of vibes to Tess.

All paws are crossed here for a recovery.

Easy to say, but don't worry what anyone else thinks. You know what you're doing is right, so who cares?

Can't believe I had just read you say you have consulted a vet, when to me you know far more than most average practise vet. If you are admistering meds to YOUR bunny that is going to keep them well I can't really see anyone elses prob.

Actually this is very ill advised, but Jane isn't doing that anyway.

Hope she's ok xx

oh no Jane :cry::cry::cry: sending mega vibes xxxxx

ive just sent you a pm about one of my own problems please ignore it id have never sent it if id seen this thread first, you got your own worries :(

fingers crossed for tess xxxxx but :shock: at feeling you need to put the vet bit on! i dread to think what has been happening:(

I know its ill advised to ME but IMO I think Jane knows what she is doing, I'd trust her more than a below average vet.

Nice to know you think so much of my profession. Jane is indeed incredibly knowledgeable for a "civilian" but she will tell you herself that all sick animals still need professional attention and advice.

Nice to know you think so much of my profession. Jane is indeed incredibly knowledgeable for a "civilian" but she will tell you herself that all sick animals still need professional attention and advice.

perhaps you should work down my way :lol: 4 vets here have no clue at all, took me a lot of money at dif vets to find one thats knowledgeable, but i am thankfull i have one, some people have none

There's some gooduns and there's some baduns same with all professions...Im pretty naff at my own :lol: But agreed! Jane ALWAYS says to speak to your vet! AND Im happy to say I did speak to my vet... I gave him Jane's advice, which he took (against his professional opinion) and Im pleased to say she was right ;)

But anyway this thread is about poorly Tess. I'm still in awe of Janes knowledge and compassion and instantaneous helpful advice when we panic and need help so had to post!

Stop taking things to heart, I respect your opinion as well more than you'll ever know. You seem a very good professional. You do know what I am saying. There is no need for Jane to state she is consulting a vet. It says in the health section to consult a professional etc... but that goes without saying really. There are no end of threads where Jane's input has been used by the way of taking it to a vet to give a different direction.

What I am saying IF she was giving her bunnies anything it would be for a good not to do harm. I give up now, but I'm sure lots of RU people know where my ramblings are coming from.

Back