• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out in the day time?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Frankie has been in since December and all that cold weather.

Could he start going back outside during the day? Day time temps are getting to 6oC+ Durign the day. It too early for tim to go out all the time, but wonder if he can go out for a couple of hours once I am in the house, gradually increasing time outside over the next month.

I have a spare hutch and run that he could sit in and a spare spot of concrete. Of course he would go out with a stuffed hutch and snuggle safe.

He just looks so depressed sat by himself inside. At least if he can out then he gets to see and smell other bunnies :)

Hi :wave:

I have just been outside with the shed bunnies and its lovely and warm in the sun, I dont see why he shouldnt get a few hours out there when its this nice. I want to let our house buns have a run out there but will have to wait until the grass (well mud bath at the moment) dries out a bit. Bet he will love it out in the fresh air

Yes- its a lovely day for his first spring day .He will be fine and will love it! Keep an eye on him though and if he seems huddling or cold bring him back in.
Take a camera too in case he binkys in the Spring sunshine.:D -sue:wave:

(I posted this assuming that Frankie is a healthy bun and that he was previously an outdoor bun)

Last edited:
I wouldn't; I don't know how warm you keep your house but that's still going to be a very large temperature difference.

A and E have been going out for an hour or so an warmish days its about 9c in their room and about 5c outside when they have been out. They have had a place to snuggle if wanted and not used it and they are fine

I wouldn't; I don't know how warm you keep your house but that's still going to be a very large temperature difference.

There has been heating on in a evening, a couple of times a week, but nothing major, just to take the chill off.

Frankie was ill with the extreme cold, but once inside recovered quickly.

I've started letting mine out for an hour or two at weekends or early evening. My bun rooms have no heating on unless temperature drops below freezing:D

Back