• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mushy Cecal poops - ideas??

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My Inca has (had hopefully) EC. She has been suffering with hind leg weakness. She also has other issues, suspected spinal issue (slipped disc) and deformed tail & genitals area. She has also been losing weight.

She has been on Steroid and antibiotic Injections for the last three weeks. (as well as panacur). I’ve also been giving her critical care to try to supplement her feed and put some weight on her.

Over the weekend she has been producing a lot of mushy poo. It seems like its her cecal poos, but really mushy & watery.
Ive been reading through and think its may be cecal dysbiosis.

I gave her fibreplex for two days there, but it doesn’t seem to be helping any.

Has anyone any ideas what would be causing this? Could it be the stress of everything that’s going on with her? Or is it more likely to be the antibiotics? (Ceporex)

I called the vets and she thinks its maybe the abx, and was suggesting changing her to Baytril, but ive read that buns really need injectable abx when on Steroids.

Sorry for the long post xx

no idea hun, i have no idea what ive done to Alvin but hes not eaten his special poos this week then went into stasis on Saturday.

wish i could figure out what causes it :(

sending loads of vibes xxx

Sorry hun, I really don't know.

My Daisy has had a problem for a few weeks with uneaten caecals and a few squidgy poos, she's had bloods done and all came back normal, so for now she's on a pellet free and limited veg diet (on vet's advice) with a large variety of hays to compensate.

Sending loads of vibes to Inca.

Back