• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slight staining around nose?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I totally get that not everyone looks in the Rabbit Health bit. I've just been stressing for a few hours now. :? Edgar bunny had faint traces of yellow staining just under each nostril. I was trimming his claws today when I noticed. He has a white nose, so it can be seen.

He's not sneezing. Not snuffling. It was not running or wet. The inside of his paws were not matted or stained.

I'm worried it might be snuffles. I've got five other rabbits and I'm reading cnflicting things. People claiming that most rabbits have the thing that causes it and it lies dormant until stressed. Others saying a snuffle bun should never be kept with one that has never shown symptoms. He's at the end of the garage away from the four out there anyway, but I'm not quite sure what to think right now.

Dandy gets the same,he lives with another rabbit she has never got it,He only gets it when the weather is damp,A course of antibiotics clears it up

could it be hay/food/bedding/dust stuck to his nose?

bertie has no discharge or paws matted and stained etc..but he sneezes and sneezed up a huge loogey. hes had antbx still sneezy no snot or discharge but his eyes still a bit weepy but always have been

sometimes its something very simple..sometimes not...go see your vet to see.
good luck:wave:

Back